The Old Year
This past year we have been learning, growing, and evolving as a family. Hank has changed jobs... both boys are in school and learning so so much... Sophie is developing into a beautiful and strong willed little girl!
We've had a ton of things happen! Good things... things to move us into the next phase of our life. We're in the middle of a transition and beyond ready to be on the other side looking back!
The 'Old Year' (as Tres called it) has been good to us. But we have learned some tough lessons about living. And we are learning the value of family more and more. I'm so thankful for all these events.
I have resolutions, but want to wait to tell you until I have prayed in the New Year and committed these things to my Savior.
But in lieu of those, I want to reflect on what I've learned in the 'Old Year.'
* I've learned that my kid's Bible study, does, indeed, apply to me.
* I've learned... or I've been reminded... that my conversations with God, are not one-sided.
* We've come to realize as a family, that any pets we get have to be fur less... allergies and asthma are apart of life for now.
* As a wife, I have learned to appreciate how my husband is willing to make huge changes for our family-- and he doesn't do change well.
* I've learned that after 30 I cannot eat whatever I want... even if I still think I can.
* I am learning that being a mommy to a little girl is so different than being a mommy to two rough and tumble boys!
* I've learned that eating lunch with my sons at school is cool to them... so I'll do it as often as I can until they think it isn't cool anymore! :)
* I've learned that I like having my house so clean! Who knew.
* And I'm learning that love can be shown in so many more ways than candles and flowers! Cleaning out the dishwasher, washing a load of laundry or cleaning out the car really does it for me! :)
* I've learned the hard way that friends you invest in should also invest in you. I'm so thankful for all my 'investments!'
- For friends who let me be creative and come up with new characters and fun ways to kill them off!
- For sister type friends who love me even when we fight in the parking lot of Lowe's.
- For the most loyal friend who has my back at every turn, and eats every meal I cook... even if I made it with dark meat!
- For friends who let me, exhausted from painting, crash at their house all day and just rest.
- For friends who never judge, and make me laugh at myself when we talk!
- For childhood friends who let me, Martha I. Ball, be silly after all these years!
- For mom type friends who put up with crap and snippy remarks, and then hug and cry with me when I realize what I'm doing!
- For my favorite half of our favorite couple... who makes it so easy to be real with her!