Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: 20/40/10

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

20/40/10

Did you know that Alabama enforces minimum coverage for cars of $20,000 injury liability for one person, $40,000 for all injuries in one accident, and $10,000 property damage in one accident. They call that 20/40/10.

I know I have more than enough insurance, but I never thought about how we compared to other states. I know that in California auto insurance is required to be 15/30/5. That sure doesn't seem like enough when you live in a place that has a higher cost of living than here in Bama.

Whenever I see an accident, one of my first thoughts is always, "I hope everyone is all right!" Then immediately followed by, "I hope they are covered."

I've always been the kind of person who believes in plenty of coverage. When I lived in an apartment, I had renter's insurance. Hank and I both have life insurance policies. And the kid's all have one too. We believe that insurance is an investment in our families future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I just left a comment about the telemarketers and wanted to let you know about insurance in the West. It is expensive. In Las Vegas pay $700 a year on our old car with just liabilty. That is why the coverage req. are so low I think because it would be a burden for the average to afford the higher limits. Our newer car is $1500. a year for the cheapest full coverage with no accidents in 20 years. Denise

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home