Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: "Honor They Father..."

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, June 16, 2008

"Honor They Father..."

Happy late Father's Day to all you dad's out there! I hope you ladies all spent some quality time honoring the father's in you life. My kid's and I had fun doing that this weekend! On Saturday, we sent Hank out of the house for a while with Sophie while the boys and I got his father's day stuff ready!Excuse her messy mouth... she recently discovered Doritos! :) Father and daughter took a trip to Lowe's and to get gold... I mean gas. While they were gone, we wrapped presents. And we filled out his card. The boys took finding the perfect Father's Day card extremely serious! They had me read about a hundred cards to them before we finally found and settled on this one! Then we made Hank's favorite dessert, chocolate covered ritz and peanut butter sandwiches.They took it very seriously! Especially when it came to licking the bowl!They even came up with a Father's Day song just for their daddy!
Then Dad came home, and we decided to go ahead and celebrate Father's Day since we knew Sunday would be full, and Hank had to work. I picked him out some plaid short and the boys picked out "Mighty Putty." I just want to say that whoever the marketing guy is who decided it was a good idea to plug in infomercials during cartoons is a genuis! My boys have been telling us for months that Daddy just needed Mighty Putty.... that it could fix almost anything. So when we passed by one of those As Seen On TV endcaps at Target and Tres spotted it, he about killed my eardrums yelling, "Mom!!! MIGHTY PUTTY!!!!" So that's what Dad got. He laughed when he unwrapped it, but my guess is that he'll find a why to use it! :)Here is my family on Father's Day morning! I have one good looking husband and kids! Hankie, I love you. You are an incredible Dad and I thank God every day for you. Thank you for playing legos when you didn't want to... for getting 'un-gettable' video games just because our kids REALLY want to play them... and making every weekend full of special and memorable moments.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Awesome family picture! Beautiful family. Too bad you aren't in it also.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I LOVE this post!
Jamie, you have such a beautiful family. I have scrolled up several times to see that first picture of Tres and Bryant holding up those cards. Bryant makes me laugh out loud! So stinkin' cute.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What a great picture! I love it that you let your kids pick out what to get your husband. I try to do that for birthdays. It makes for an interesting gift doesn't it!? We still on for this Friday?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

All the post are great. I am too tired though to comment on each one!

Love how you titled your post. So creative...

1:54 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Love the pics. Sophie's so cute. Love the cards the boys did. Never heard of the snack Hank likes. I might have to try that for my hubby (he loves Ritz)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Tray said...

Aw Jamie!!! Everyone of your kids are just soooo cute! Glad to see you all are doing so well :0)

Love from NashVegas!!
Tracye

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home