Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Nighttime Swimming

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nighttime Swimming


It's summertime and the days and nights seem so long to me during summer! Our summer so far, has been filled with swimming, tee ball, and family time. Last night, we incorporated all three!!

Bryant had tee-ball practice, then we headed over to my parent's house for a night time swim! I like swimming at night cause you don't have to worry with sun block and sun burn. Bryant has become quite the daredevil this year. He is all over the pool with his water wings on! And he is working on conquering his fear of putting his head underwater a baby step at a time. But he sure isn't shy about jumping into the pool or even off of the diving board, just as long as he has those wings on! Tres is our fish! He swims above water, under water, floats on his back, and is working on diving (very early stages!!) Since he opted out of tee ball this year, we have toyed with the idea of finding a local swimteam. I'm serious... we have to drag him out of the pool! And the kid has also dropped some weight this summer! He's still my tan little man!This was Hank's first time to see itty bitty in the pool. She loves the water... as long as being in the water involves being in Mommy's arms! I put her under water at least once when we are swimming and she has never cried. She loves to kick her legs and yell and babble at her brothers!

Swimming at night also brings back some child hood memories for me. My Dad's Mom, who we call Memaw Susan, had a pool, and we would go spend long weekends their in the summer. My cousin Racheal would come over and we would go and swim at night. I remember Racheal convincing us that you can get a 'moonlight' tan. So Tonnie, Racheal, and I all laid our towels out on the concrete and moonbathed! Ha!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

i'm jealous! i have a baby pool in my yard and the kids love it but i wish i had something to do!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

I think a swim team for Tres would be awesome. He would love it. Can't wait to go swimming with ya'll again.

12:42 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Night time swimming is the best! Love the pictures as usual.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home