Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Just One Of Those Days...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just One Of Those Days...

...when everything seems a bit haphazard. You know what I mean?? Well, if you don't, let me give you a couple of examples.

EXAMPLE #1:
I felt I was doing pretty well with time management yesterday, so when I put Sophie down for her morning nap, I decided to jump in the shower and {GASP!} shave my legs! Now, I still try to get through it pretty quick so I can make the most of the nap time. So when I got out and started getting dressed, you can imagine my disappointment when I realized that I had shaved the same leg twice. So I'm half werewolf/half woman at the moment! :) And the part that's so aggrevating to me is that I will never get that time back! Hank says he is going to start shaving only half of his face. And this is NOT the first time I've pulled this stunt either.

EXAMPLE #2:
This one is a bit more embarrassing to me. Last night, the kids were sort of all pulling me in different directions. Bryant was still not acting like his normal self and was asking for medicine so he could go to bed. Tres wanted me to make him a pallet on the floor next to Bry (they like to do this occassionally, and I think it's because they like to be closer to each other), and Sophie needed her breathing treatment, a bath, to be fed, and put to bed. So I got Sophie bathed before Bry starts in again on how "me wants to go to bbbeeedddd!" Such words never pass his lips, so I'm guessing I just rushed through getting Sophie ready and in her sleeper. Then I went and got Bry his medicine and got him tucked in.... made Tres a pallet, and got him tucked in. Soph got her good night kisses and we headed into her room to get her fed and sleeping.
This morning, I couldn't beleive it when I woke up at 8:45!! Soph normally gets up around 6 or 7 to eat. Anyway, I was praising Jesus, and went in to get her. I picked her up and noticed she left damp. Not totally unusual, but I thought maybe I had not fastened her diaper tight enough. I unzipped her sleeper, and was astonished to find the child going commando!! Then I look at the bottom of her changing table, and there sitting as neat as you please was the diaper I had obviously not put on my child the night before. It seemed to be saying, "I've been waiting here all night." I went and checked her bed, only to discover it was saturated. Man did I feel like a loser, but I was laughing and already wording how I was going to share it with you guys.

Let's call that 'Documented Frazzled Mommy Moment #1.' I classify it as 'documented' because there are a ton more that will go with me to the grave!:)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Girl, you startin' early!

CALGON...TAKE ME AWAY!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You made me laugh so hard tears started up!!!! Thank you for making me feel normal!!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Now that is funny stuff, Jamie!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Both Beverly and I both had a good laugh over this....She absolutely cracked up when I told her! Its not like we couldn't relate...no, quite the opposite we definently felt for you (:

8:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Oh Jamie! Thank you for starting my morning out with a laugh today! And I'm not laughing at you, rather with you. I've so been there and had one of "those days".
We had a funny diaper story once when Annlee woke up with a rubber duckie in her diaper one morning. She was playing with it after her bath and somehow it found it's way to her diaper. I can't take credit for that one though - that was Jeff's doing.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home