Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Welcome to My House

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Welcome to My House

So Mel wanted me to send her pics of my house, and that made me realize that I haven't really posted many pictures. Here are a few. Other areas of the house you will see as we begin doing projects on... ex. Hall bath getting tile floor and cabinets painted soon! So although some of you may not care, I thought instead of just emailing Mel, you all get the pleasure of seeing our home!So, welcome!! You enter our lovely home and encounter a split foyer. The lovely hardwood floors are one of my favorite features. As you look at the picture, to your left, you will notice the back of our new red couch. As you head up the stairs, you will walk straight into our kitchen. Which most of you have seen... if not, got back several posts. To the right is our 'formal' living room. This is one of my favorite rooms! It's so homey and comfortable. We play games with the boys in here a lot, and when we have company, this is where we visit. I love that their is no television in this room. We added the red couch after we moved in. We already had the large chair and a half. The console radio was Hank's Father's Day gift a while back. The trunks throughout the room are our memory boxes. This room feels like a mix of contemporary and vintage to me. On the other side of the chair is our 'formal' dining area. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a place for adults to eat and for kids to eat!! When we have company, the kids eat in the kitchen and we eat here! We leave the leaf in our table continuously now! And I'm planning to sell that high chair at our yard sale in a couple of weekends! I just don't want anything else on the floor. I want to attach one of those seats to a chair like I did with Bry. If you take a left at the top of the stairs and head to the end of the hall you walk straight into the boys' room. Hank sanded and stained his old bunkbeds from his fraternity/college days, and the boys are LOVING them!! He installed a safety bar and a small table for Tres up top too. We decorated the walls with pictures of the boys from our trips to Disney.They also have a computer in the corner where they can play computer games with us. They share a large walk-in closet. They each get a side. Tres has the big dresser with the television on it. Bryant has a dresser in the closet.Our bedroom hasn't changed much. It's a little smaller at this house, as is the master bath. But we have plans to convert the downstairs playroom into a master suite, and what is currently a storage room in the basement into a master bath/spa! But that will be in a couple of years when I'm okay with not being on the same level as my kids!

Well, that has to be enough for now. I've spent entirely too much time on the computer today! I will post Ava Sophia's room, the bathrooms, and the playroom another day... but be content with what you got (MEL!) and don't hold your breath! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I love your house!! I want to put in hardwood floors, but my hubby doesn't like them :( I love the room with the fireplace. It does look homey. The chests are pretty too.

9:35 AM  
Blogger hb4bama said...

yes baby, your chest is pretty,,,,,LOL!!!!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home