Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I Miss Riding Horses

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Miss Riding Horses

My childhood was full of a lot of fun things that I now realize a lot of children didn't get to experience. Riding horses and growing up on a farm is one of them. I remember getting to take riding lessons, and when I had gone through enough and my parent's felt that I knew what I was doing, I was allowed to saddle up and ride around our farm. I couldn't find a picture of me on my horse, but here is my sister Tonnie riding our buckskin pony, Turkey.Now we always preferred riding Western style... you know with the chaps, big cowboy hat, and boots. But when we went to horse shows, we would see people entered in the English style and they would be all decked out in their equestrian clothing. Black jackets, tan pants, just a sleeker look altogether. I also enjoyed watching some of the dressage stuff at shows. I wish I had more pictures to help my memory of that time. I remember specific stuff... like the fact that the vet had a cute son. Or that the first show I did, I won first prize! I know I have a picture of that somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home