Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Eight is Great

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Eight is Great

Oh my goodness! In all this 4th birthday,6th anniversary, new nephew madness, I forgot to update you guys on Sophie girl! She turned 8 months all on the 8th!

*The last time she was weighed was when I took her in for her cold/breathing thing and she was 14 pounds or so then. I think she's definitely grown now.
*Her eyes are green/brown and I just love them! I don't want them to change!
*Her hair is coming in thick and slightly curly!
*She has three teeth now... and two more swollen spots in her mouth (Dear Lord, this is your faithful servant, Jamie. Can we please request a break from teething for just a few weeks?).
*She is pulling up on anything she can reach up to.
*She gets up on her knees and rocks back and forth, but no real crawling yet. She can wiggle, twist, and roll around and get anywhere she wants to go though.
*She laughs and it's infectious! It stops me and my boys in our tracks on a daily basis!
*About two weeks ago, she started refusing baby foods. She literally clamps her mouth shut and twists her head away from it. So I've started steaming veggies and mashing them, and buying regular apple sauce. She loves baked potatos and she still really loves her Ritz crackers!
*She's taking a sippy cup. She likes the ones with straws best.

*She is so vocal about wanting food when we are eating. She DEMANDS it LOUDLY. And won't stop until you give her some. But I've been doing the signs for more, all gone, etc with her and when I do 'all done' she calms down.
*She says dada, mama, and what sounds to me like Bry sometimes.
*She waves! So cute... she lifts her hand and wiggles her fingers.
*She is out of most 3-6 month clothes now. Six months works perfectly right now. And some 6-9 work too.
*She can push around in her walker like a champ now! If you come over to my house, watch your shins! Ouch!
*She likes to stand up (assisted of course!) more than anything.
*She will play in the boys room, in the toy room, or in her room as long as her brothers are around her.
*She gets good-night kisses from her brothers every night!
*She pinches while she eats and when she is going to sleep. It seems to be a soothing thing for her. She has even bruised my arm from pinching it in the same place over and over again! And I have to keep those nails short or the torture would be unbearable! I've tried replacing my face, arm, etc with a silkie or blanket, but that just isn't the same apparently!
*Every time Hank sings to her, she just smiles so sweet and goofy at him, like they have a private joke!
*Her eyes light up when she sees her momma, and I love it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

AWE! What a precious post! She is so ADORABLE!! Love the "Praise the Lord" picture in her 'Lucy' dress!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Still sweet as ever! She looks so much like Bryant!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home