Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Weekend News

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend News

Friday night, we went to our small group. We may have been a little late in joining a small group but we feel comfortable and happy with the one we are taking part in. Friday night's potluck theme was breakfast. So we ate until we cried 'uncle!' and then continued our Bible study and discussion on Ephesians. We especially focused on the role of the husband and the wife... and the difference between obedience and submission. Lots of good thoughts that have kept Hank and I talking since then.

Saturday, we ran a few errands, got a few things done around our house and hung out with our kids! We've been watching Expedition Impossible with the kids. That evening, we all got ready and went to Johnny's Pizza with a certificate we had purchased on restaurant.com for $2... tip and all we paid $15 for a sit down meal for 5! Then we went to church. We are in the midst of a series at church called Sabotage (check out The Church's Website). Last week, the focus was on pride. This week, the focus was on offense. I think I would be lying if I said I haven't taken offense to things I shouldn't and that I haven't held on to things I shouldn't. One of the key thoughts was this: MANY OF OUR DREAMS ARE SACRIFICED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE OFFENSE THAT WE ARE UNWILLING TO RELINQUISH. I don't want to give up any of my dreams because of some offense I won't even remember next year.

Anyway, the boys brought a friend home to spend the night after church, so we decided to take an evening swim at our neighborhood pool. [Sidenote: not a lot of folks at the pool this year, and the HOA lady said that is because not even half of the houses in our neighborhood paid their dues... and I've noticed a growing number of foreclosure homes here too... so sad!]. Then it was back to the house for second dinner (if you have kids, you know what I'm talking about!), PS3, Pokemon, Beyblade, and Wii!

Sunday morning, I made pancakes and sausage for all the late risers. And at 5 we headed to a wedding. It was an outdoor ceremony and so so sweet. Before the wedding, Sophie kept asking, "Where are the prince and princess, Mommy?" And then during the ceremony, she kept asking "Is this the kissing part?" So cute. Then it was back home to get ourselves ready for the week!

This has been the first weekend in a long while, we weren't out of town or having company. It was nice. And since school is right around the corner... I'm trying to savor every moment of these long summer days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home