Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: My Three

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Three

Since I've been a slacker I thought I would give you a guys a quick update on my sweet kids!

Let's start at the top, shall we? Henry John Boemer, III... always known as Tres. My joy. He is so smart and well behaved and kind. He befriends everyone. And his close friends are not always the most popular choice. I am proud of his sensitive and open heart. He is super smart... I mean, just ask him! If you need the answer to anything, my child thinks he knows it. Annoying at times, you ask? Why, No! {she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm}
He recently participated in the school wide spelling bee, being one of two from his class to participate. He placed 7 out of 20. He went out on the word 'civic.' He added a 'k' to the end. Now he wants to know how to spell any word that sounds funny to him or he doesn't 100% know!

He is also being tested for Program Challege at school. His teacher recommended this since he flies through his work, grasps the concepts quickly, and is on a SIXTH GRADE reading level! Go Tres-man!
A few other things about him... he is 4 1/2 feet tall and wears a men's size 7 1/2! He is growing so fast! I'm constantly having to update his closet lately!
He is not super athletic, although he has shown an interest in basketball and karate... and he is counting down the days till swimming time!

Bryant Steven... my brown-eyed charmer! Can I just pause a second. His birthday is in a couple of weeks and for some reason that jump from 6 to 7 is making me so sad.
This was on the hundredth day of school... he is the one of my children who likes to participate in school wide events like dressing up, wearing hats, etc. So we got him all older.
You can really tell he's a snaggle tooth little thing here! Love it! He looks so much like his Daddy to me. His dark complexion, dark eyes, and his love for all things active. This kid will play outside most days until the sun is set or later.

He is doing really, REALLY well in school! He always starts out slow and even distressed about school. But he moves at his own pace and now, nearing the end of March he has surpassed all expectations for second graders. He checks out second and third grade books at the library, and is super proud of that! His math skills impress me! He is a whiz with numbers, this one!
He is a fun kid. He likes to make up games and play them. He loves to play wii... he is just all around competitive. I recently got in trouble for missing the sign up cut off for soccer. Now he doesn't miss a chance to check in and make sure I haven't missed anything else... sigh.

And that brings up to our little leading lady... Ava Sophia. 3 going on 13. She is attitude plus. You know the expression sugar and spice? She personifies that!

There are times when she will come up smiling and want to tell you a secret. She'll push my hair back, cup her hand around my ear, and whisper, "I love you!" And then ten minutes later she is crossing her arms, shaking her head and saying, "I don't want to!" But as stubborn and strong willed as she is, she is obedient. And I am so thankful for that!


She is a ham who loves to play Barbies, babies, littlest pet shops, swing, dress up, sing, and dance. She is also all about doing ANYTHING her boys are doing. So, if they are playing DS, then she is too. And if they are watching Survivor, then she will too.
And while they don't always enjoy her constant attention, they mostly tolerate it (unless other big kids are around). There are plenty of, "She won't leave me alone..." and/or "That's not fair..." and/or "Boys don't play Barbies/babies/dress up..."


I feel so incredibly blessed by these three treasures. I have been really enjoying this season of their development. My favorite time of day is right when they get home from school... seeing Sophie greet them, then catching up on the day over snacks. I also love praying with them at night... I like that they thank God for "happy hour at sonic, playing with their Daddy, and chicken alfredo for dinner." They make me smile.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tabbie:) said...

PRECIOUS PRECIOUS gifts!! They too are very blessed with wonderful parents!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You left off my favorite part... how you listen to Soph in her room pouting to see what she says! "no one loves me" and "i'm never gonna get to watch Dora again!"

3:43 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Nicole... that is my own private joke! ;) You just got to hear it cause it happened when we were on the phone!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home