Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: They Were Right

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

They Were Right


Meet my friend Becca Mae... well, you can call her Rebecca. I first met her when I started attending my parents church my Freshman year in college. The church was a small, start up and was setting up and meeting every Sunday in a school cafeteria.

My parents had set her up pretty good... "She's sweet and pretty, Jamie! She loves Jesus and she likes to have fun." I remember thinking, in that I-know-more-than-you kind of mind set that teens have, "I don't need my parents telling me who would be a good friend!" But as soon as I met her, I knew my parents were right! Shocker, huh?

Starting college and having your friend dynamic change so drastically was what I think made us so close so fast. But nevertheless... the day I met her, we had lunch with a bunch of other folks from church and then we were as thick as thieves... game nights at my house (Guestures), game nights at her house (Loaded Questions), double dates, trips to the mall, a quick run to the store at midnight for ice cream, beach trips (remember working on that human video in the driveway of the pink house?), camp counselors at Springville together where we received the best worst make overs ever(those pictures will never see the light of day!), youth sponsors, girl's nights (remember that movie we went to see and the pastor and his wife were there, Becca Mae?), Oak Mountain hikes, sleepovers where we talked about everything from Kim to haircuts, prayers and tears... as as we got older it was time to attend graduations, weddings, and then it was time for hospital visits when we each had children. I remember going to visit her when she had Maddie Claire, and I got to tell her I was pregnant with Ava Sophia! Milestone moments...


We are *cough, cough* older now, and wiser thanks to a lot of life experiences... some good, some not so much. But here is one thing I want you to know, Becca Mae. You are one of the biggest reasons I am the kind of friend I am today. I learned so much from our friendship. Laughter, fun, and more fun, yes. But also prayer, being there through difficult times, working through tough spots in our friendship, confidence in confidences, transparency even when it isn't so pretty. You helped shape how I accept others into my life.
I love you and our friendship. I love that when we get together, it's as if no time has passed. I love watching you be a wife and mommy... I admire your determination to go to school. I know you will always be there. I will forever be thankful for the gift of your friendship... and that my parents were right.

Maddie Claire... she found an ant parade! So sweet!

Ava Sophia scooting around!

4 Comments:

Blogger Becca Mae said...

Thank you so much for that Jamie. I remember getting into the basement with my driver's license, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Coming and seeing all your babies in the hospital, Chick-Fil-A playdates, and yes horrible camp pics, streaking throught the cabin and tons more memories. I feel the same about you. We have had our ups and downs but our friendship is solid. You are my best friend. I am comfortable knowing we can go awhile(because of our busy family schedules)without talking and pick right back up like no time has passed. Love you dear friend. I am blessed to call you friend. And like that coaster says,"You are the bestest friend of the universe"!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Now who's crying! Ahhhh!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

awww...now I miss Becca even more.

Becca is such a great friend. I loved having her during the high school years and miss her now. I'm so glad you each have each other. Good friends are important to have.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

What a great tribute post!!! Love it!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home