Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Hankie

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Hankie

Well, Hank turned 40 on July 2! I have to tell on myself a little. I thought he was turning 40 last year, so he keeps teasing me that he is turning 41... I have never claimed to have the best memory! Especially after having three of his babies. Umm hmmm...

We didn't do much in the way of traditional birthday celebration. Hankie could eat breakfast for every meal of every day, so he requested breakfast as his birthday meal. And since we were meeting my parents to get our kids on his birthday, we decided to meet at Shoney's and get Hankie's favorite breakfast bar.

I would have gone all out with a party, if I thought he would have enjoyed it. I tried to throw a party for him when he turned 35 and he uncomfortably enjoyed it. He just doesn't like to be the center of attention.

So we just stuck to a family celebration. We got the kids and ate Shoney's and then came home. Hankie headed out to serve at church and I stayed at home unpacking the kids. I had planned to go to the Saturday 6pm service (love this! Gives you both days of your weekend!), but as the day was getting long, Tres kept telling me his ear was hurting. I knew he had been battling swimmer's ear, so when he was crying from the pain, I loaded everyone up and headed to an Urgent Care.

We didn't make it to church at all... in fact, I got back home way after Hank did. And didn't get to make him a birthday dinner or anything. He was very good natured about it... he snuggled Tres and made sure he was doing better, and took Bryant for a swim at our neighborhood pool. So after getting everyone home and settled, I got down to the business of making sure my husband knew he was loved and appreciated!

I had asked Hank before his birthday what kind of cake he wanted, and he actually turned down that idea in favor of homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with double chocolate chips... so I made him his cookies! And we stayed up late watching a movie, playing games, and enjoying them hot out of the oven.

Sunday was more of the same with Tres's ear. He was still pretty uncomfortable, so Hank again went to serve at church, and I made up some lunch (one of Hank's favorites... Chicken Spaghetti... while I watched/listened to church live online. So so so so thankful for modern conveniences at times like these. I did NOT want to miss church. So when he got home, we all sat down and ate.

That night, we loaded up pillows, blankets, snacks, and drinks and headed to our first drive in experience here in the ATL... and it was fabulous!! It was a double feature of Cars 2 and Mr. Poppers Penguines. And while it started at 9ish, since the kids had taken a nap we were up for it!! Here is where I should plug it... it had stadium parking, centrally located bathrooms and snack bar, AND it would have been easy to bring a headphone radio set and watched another movie, like Transformers 3, Super 8, Bridesmaids, etc. by just switching to another station! Definitely something we will be doing again! $17 for our whole family to see both movies!

Hank is a wonderful husband and I am honored to be his wife... I was a little disappointed that I couldn't make it bigger and better for him this year, but he was happy and content to be able to have his family home and spend quality time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Family is the important thing!! I think you did great!!
Happy Birthday Hank!!

Hope you have a fabulous week!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday to me. Not all bday's have to be celebrated with parties. Family & the special little moments seem to make bigger memories anyway. :)

1:48 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

what what? all these post all the sudden :)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home