Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: The Creed

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Creed

At my church, The Church at Chapel Hill, our pastor is teaching a series called, 'The Creed.' My husband, who has a Catholic background, immediately recognized it as The Apostle's Creed... and knew it by heart!

Here it is:

"We believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered at the hands of men, was crucified, dead, and buried. On the third day He rose again; He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit;
the redeemed church;
the fellowship of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting."

You know what I like about this? It lays it out... it tells you no if-ands-or-buts... this is what I believe. Here is heart of the matter... the meat of the meal... it's all here in a nutshell. You wanna know about me? What I believe? Who I believe in and why? Here you go! Here is what I place value in, who I put my faith.

Pastor has be diving into certain areas about this too. Last week's was Acceptance. He talked about busted relationships. Well, it's no secret I've had a few in the last couple of years. You know the old saying, "He read my mail?" Meaning, it seemed he was speaking directly to what I had recently gone through? Well, I felt like he didn't just read my mail... I felt like he hacked into all of my personal accounts!!!!
He said, "Acceptance with conditions, ALWAYS created insecure relationships."
Man... talk about a challenge that can sometimes go against the grain of what you feel. To extend a hand even if it means there is a possibility that your hand could get bitten.

But, honestly, how can I do any less??? Where in the heck would I be if God gave up on me when I turned by back on Him.

So I am striving to be an unconditional friend. To be there, even if an offense is present. To love without limits. I'll keep trying... I'll keep loving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

We say it in our church service often :)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home