Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Things we've done to our house:

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things we've done to our house:

-Added stainless steel appliances

We are working towards a certain look in here... we are planning new flooring in the near future. Tile or hardwood, we aren't sure. But I have to say, this is by far my most favorite kitchen. Surprisingly... it has a small pantry, but tons of counter and cabinet space!

-Upgraded the kitchen sink from white cast iron (see above) to an extra deep stainless steel with new faucet and garbage disposal

This is where being a plumber's daughter comes in mighty handy, folks! This was our Christmas present! If I didn't express it enough, Daddy, I am THRILLED!!!! And I love you.
-Added lighting over the kitchen cabinets

This was a complete Hankie project. I love the ambiance of it now!

-Added a drop down attic access

Just another reason I love to yard sale! I found a brand new drop-down attic access for $40 and Hank and his Dad installed it for us.
-Floored the attic

All God's children can sing the Hallelujah chorus for additional storage space!! With three growing kids, you know I'm using every bit of it.
-Put a medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom

The boys were in serious need of some storage options in their bathroom. So we changed out their mirror for a medicine cabinet. It keeps things a little neater and gives the boys

-Additional shelving in laundry room, pantry, and closets


-Painted the guest room, kitchen, and master bathroom

{Guest Room}

{Master Bathroom}

-Retiled the upstairs hall ball, replaced vanity, added wainscoating, and new shower head

{BEFORE}
See how sterile and almost hospital like the old tile was... boo! And the vanity was just your typical white standard, builder's grade cabinet.



{AFTER}
I love how warm and homey it is now! Love the Oops! paint color, and the white beadboard, and the vanity we got marked down from $169 all the way to $99!!

-Added a play place in the backyard

The BEST hand me down, EVER!!!! This used to live at my sister-in-law's house. The kids love, love, love this. The boys will take their books out there and read for school. Sophie will swing out there by herself for hours. And when kids come over, there is a place to banish them! *Smile!*
Currently we are working on hiding all the cords from mounting our television over the fireplace... and once that is done, I'll be painting the den.

Once this is finished, and the den is painted, I will take a new and improved picture for us all to enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carry Grace said...

Looking good, Jamie.

-My daddy is a plumber too.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jealous of the sink!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Your house is beautiful and I love your decorating taste!!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

nice update!! i love pics!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Nikki... isn't that the best occupation a daddy can have!

8:09 AM  
Blogger RhiDesign said...

Wow! You have been busy! Your house looks great!! I love the lighting above the cabinets in the kitchen. :)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home