Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Keep The Change

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Keep The Change

Change is so darn hard sometimes! Especially when you are trying to apply what God has taught you about you and your behavior to the relationships around you and to your every day life.

Do all you Kingwood Youth Group alum remember the sermon Benny... or was it Mark in Chi Alpha... preached about how a clay pot if made. It is formed sculpted. Then it has to be fired in order to have a finished product. I remember one of the points was that there are times when a pot is resistant, for one reason or another, fired too long or damaged, and has to be broken and reworked to go through the whole process again.

I absolutely know that God is teaching me things through some of these tough circumstances. I've had some interesting encounters with people that have made me take a step back from my gung ho path, and examine my actions, words, and deeds. If I can't be a good student for God... then I don't think I can be a good anything.

Change is happening whether we embrace it or not... and even though, there are many moments lately when I want to yell "Enough! Keep the change, already!" I would rather be refined by my Master's firm, loving hands, than to crumble beneath the weight of my own failings.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Can I get an Amen?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I remember Benny spaeaking about that one year at beach freak, although I think he used it a few times. He took a sledge hammer to some clay pots and we all got a piece of the smashed pot. I still have mine.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home