Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: New Stuff Going On

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Stuff Going On

So a few little minor aftershocks from the great big move quake of 2010. We are finally settling into our new finances... man it seems to have taken a while for some reason! I started cleaning houses this past September for extra income. I had a lady who had me coming in one or two days every week, but she had to stop because of her finances.

Thank God that when I moved, I immediately looked up new off season (travel) volleyball clubs. While it's not gonna make us rich, it definitely helps to have a cushion for the month to month bills. So right now, even though I'm not cleaning, I am staying busy with twice weekly volleyball practices and weekend tournaments.

I'm still trying to do substitute work, but getting these teachers to call me is a trick, cause they don't know me!! I go up and volunteer at the school at least one day a week, so I'm hoping the more familiar they get with me, the more calls I will get. I've gotten a few random calls from other schools, but haven't been able to accomodate them because finding a last minute sitter for the Sophster is not always easy. It should be a little easier next school year. We plan to enroll her in one of the state funded pre-k schools around here (thank you Georgia lottery). Then I will be available more readily!

The good thing about tight finances, is that I have become determined to keep our grocery budget as low as possible and as a result, out 'stockpile' has grown with lots of free, cheap items after lots of tedious match ups. God is good and I feel blessed to be able to take care of my family well on just a little!! That way we make sure funds are available for other things.

Wellll.... in other news, I was asked to lead the praise and worship for the upcoming women's event. I am very excited and nervous. Definitely looking forward to it!!

So that's what's up for now! Stay tuned

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Yay! Jamie!

10:18 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Oh! And I thought today, "I wish Jamie would blog." Did you feel my vibes?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

pretty exciting stuff

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home