Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Shifting Sand...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Shifting Sand...

Lord,

This last week has been a bit of a frustrating, hassle filled, kink-in-my-neck, mess of a week.

I keep singing a song in my head... "On Christ the solid rock, I stand. All other ground is sinking sand..."

Just when I feel like I'm settling into our busy day-to-day normal, the sand shifts, and normal is redefined.

I'm tired and even though I would love to crawl into bed and sleep for a week, life moves on and alarms go off... so I get up and trudge on. I'm not complaining, I just explaining.

Today, two times, I was driving here and there and everywhere and was pondering some changes, and I saw a church marquee that said, "Put Your Faith In Me - Jesus." It startled me each time. Because I felt like it was exactly what I should have been doing.

Thank you, Lord, for a literal sign. Sometimes, I think You have to bonk me on the head! I love you, and trust you completely, my Savior, my Rock. No shifting sand can change that.

Amen

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Love you!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Look up this song: It is my anthem right now! Praying for you! We will BOTH get through these challenging times! He passes the trials for us!

Hillsong - Desert Song

VERSE 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that’s within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

VERSE 2:
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

CHORUS:
And I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

VERSE 3:
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I’ll stand


BRIDGE:
All of my life, In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

VERSE 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I’m filled to be emptied again
The seed I’ve received I will sow

10:48 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I will pray with you as well. I too have these moments- where I feel that shifting sand and I feel like a ROCK is no where to be found. God is there, and just around that next river bend, things turn around for the good, but it seems like a lifetime to get there!

6:26 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I love you also & I'm standing in the gap.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home