Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Henry John, III turns six today at 11:15 am.

I was exactly 36 weeks pregnant and went to work on a Tuesday morning. When Hank came to see me at work that day, I remember telling him that I felt like something was gonna happen soon. I just felt restless that day. I remember hugging him and just feeling so vulnerable in the office.

At lunch that day, I went to the Dollar Store and stocked up on snacks, paper plate, cups, and stuff for when Tres came and our house would be full of company. While I was at the Dollar Store, I heard a pop... but ignored it cause I needed to get back to work.

I got home from work around 5:00 and went to the bathroom. I remember sitting there going over what all I needed to get done, and then it dawned on me that my body wasn't stopping... I instantly became alert and grabbed the phone.

I first called Hank. He told me to call the nurse.
Well, what did he know, after all? So I called Traci.. I asked her what she thought, and she said to call the doctor. I still wasn't convinced... I mean, after all, this was my first pregnancy and Traci didn't have kids yet either... so I called my Mom. Here's how that conversation went:

Jamie: Hey, Mom?
Mom: Hey, baby.
Jamie: What's it like when your water breaks?
Mom: WHAT?!?!?!
Jamie: I mean, I think I'm just wetting my pants or something, but I don't know.
Mom: JAMIE!!! CALL THE DOCTOR!! THEN CALL ME BACK.

Well, still not convinced, I called Hank and told him I still had the same problem. He instantly told his boss he had to go home.

So, I decided I better call the doctor then. They told me to come straight in. While I waited for Hank, I got in the shower and washed my hair, then checked my hospital bag and sat in the nursery waiting.

Hank got home, a bundle of nerves. We hopped into the car (hopped in a relative term when you are that pregnant), and headed downtown. On the way, I vividly remember looking at Hank and saying, "When they tell me I went my pants, you are taking me to Outback!"

We got to the hospital and they tested immediately and sure enought my water had broken. They monitored me overnight and started me on pitocen at 6 am in the morning since my contractions didn't regulate.

My 10 am, I was 8 cm and our entire family was gathered in the waiting room. By 11:15 Tres was here... all 5 lbs, 14 oz and 18" of him! He came out with an old man combover hair do! He instantly stole my heart and simultaneously made us a family.

I love my little man. I can't believe it was 6 years ago... I feel like it just happened.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Happy Birthday to Tresman!!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

Happy Birthday Tres Man! You make our lives so much better by knowing you. I couldn't think of a better best friend for my little man. We love you!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

Happy Birthday to Tres!

That is such a funny story about your water breaking.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That story alone makes me wanna have MANY more kids!

9:27 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tres!

Loved the story, even though I already knew it. :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Oh, thanks for sharing the story. I hadnt' heard it yet. You had a really little guy! Happy Birthday Tres!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Happy Birthday T-Money (Matt's name for him, not mine!) Miss you all! Traci

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thats funny. I guess that will be me calling you in Feb....... I can't believe he is so big!!!!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

That story makes me HURT!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger dana said...

Jesse's pre birth story is so vivid to me too... and everyone I called had no idea what it felt like to have your water break so I had to go in and get checked. I had just laid down to bed and my water broke and Aaron told me to "smell the sheets, you probably peed" I still remember the details.
Happy birthday Tres... 6 is big stuff!!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home