Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Misty Watercolor Memories

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Misty Watercolor Memories

I'm at the office today working for my aunt. Sophie is snoozing in her stroller beside me right now. And I had a chance to go back through old files on this computer and found some pictures, so I thought I would share!Them boots were made for walkin! Tres got a hand-me-down pair of boots from one of his cousins and wore them constantly for about a week! I think he was 2 going on 3 in this picture.This is me when I was about 11 years old. I was taking a riding lesson at Triple E Farms. I loved riding horses! It makes me sad to think about Triple E because it has since been developed and sold as neighborhood property. I used to have a crush on my riding teacher's son, Max. He passed away a couple of years ago from a brain anoruism. He was only about 5 years older than me. He left behind two daughters that adored him. Here's Tres riding Buttercup at his old Mother's Day Out program he went to when he was 3. This one is Bry with Aunt Jennie. Look how chunky monkey he looks! Still got those killer brown eyes going on!Here's an interesting one! Me on my senior prom night. I asked my friend, Ronnie, to be my date that night. I had missed out on Junior prom for some reason or another and didn't want to miss out again. It was a rough night though, cause Ronnie wasn't the best date (sorry Ron!). He didn't dance with me, cause he said his feet hurt, he wanted to go home early cause he was tired. He brought me the UGLIEST corsage imaginable (Mom had to perform emergency surgery on it to make it workable). And when I got cold, he simply pulled his jacket closer around him and said, "Yeah it is chilly, huh?" It's a funny memory now, but I was a little let down then. He also thought my dress was inappropriate and told my dad that he "wouldn't let his daughter out of the house in that dress." You be the judge. I felt like a Barbie in that dress and I still love it!My wedding day. One of the best days of my life. This day led to the other three best days of my life and I am so happy and honored to be called Hank's wife! I remember a lot of little things about my wedding day. I remember Hank went to Build-A-Bear and built me an elephant with a wedding dress on. I remember his face when I surprised him by singing 'Forever's As Far As I'll Go,' to him. And I remember the moment when he slipped my ring on my hand vividly because I was supposed to have only a diamond band, but got a solitaire that day. I will cherish my ring always! I remember Hank leaning over and whispering some joke to loosen us both up, and I couldn't stop laughing even though I'm sure the joke wasn't that funny. It was a good day.

Well, I guess that's enough of memory lane for now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca Mae said...

Don't you love finding old pics. I think you look beautiful in your prom pic. He was just a dud and didn't know what he had. I love the pic of you and Hank. It was a beautiuful wedding. Maybe we'll see you tomorrow at the games.

10:49 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I LOVED this post! You should do more of these. Are there more pictures on that computer?
Your memory of prom is hilarious! I actually have a picture of you, Ronnie, Tonnie & Brett, standing by the fireplace. And even though, Mom made Tonnie's fairytale dress, yours was my favorite!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

funny... thanks for sharing!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home