Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Three's

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Three's

Three things happened this weekend: First, Tres got sick on Friday night. He ran a fever of 101.8 and just wanted to be in bed. He tossed and turned (with me in my bed) just about all night. I alternated tylenol and motrine and we used a cool rag cause he felt like he was on fire. At around 4:30 am, he woke me up and said he felt better, so I got him comfy and he slept. I wasn't about to wake him up so I told Hank to take Bry in Tres's place to soccer. His little soccer team was already down one of six players, so without Bry they couldn't play. So he was a 'pinch kicker!'He did pretty good and seemed to have a really good time! Later that day, between Alabama's win and Auburn's loss, Hankie got himself a new toy! He went and bought himself a scooter. He loves it and it should cut our gas bill by half, even after the monthly payment, insurance, and fuel! Hank loves it!And so do the boys! The third took up a lot of my weekend, but it was so worth it! Tres had his birthday party and it was a success. He was all better from what must have been some sort of fever virus... and a full 24 hours had passes since his fever broke, so we felt confident that we could have a party without infecting everyone.

We've been so busy, that we just called our friends and asked them to come... instead of sending out invites. But it all worked out. I think only one couldn't make it. It was a sunny day and good for outdoor activities just the same! So I made sure to have plenty of water guns handy and we had the trampoline to jump around in. Tres had asked for a LEGO Indiana Jones cake, and then proceeded to pick out Indiana Jones napkins, GI Joe party favors, and a Spider Man pinata! He's such a boy, and we love it!His only other request was corn chips. He kept trying to tell us what they were and would describe them as the chips that smile or frown. How cute is that? He invited a lot of little friends over to Grandma's house for a final swim of the summer. None of the adults were brave enough to try, but the kids all did for a short time until they were all shivering... which was like, 15 or 20 minutes into it! After the kids all defrosted, we sang Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!


Did you guys see Tyler try to blow out the candle? I thought Tres handled that like a big boy! Then it was on to presents... Speed Racer movie, a small LEGO, a Transformer, a tee ball stand, and a couple of gift cards. He is a very blessed little boy!

Then it was time to work off the sugar and take a whack at the pinata! I thought Caleb and Zach were too funny cause they took it so seriously!

NOTE TO SELF: Do not put stampers in goody bags EVER, EVER, EVER again. Seriously, Jamie... what were you thinking? You had to bathe both boys twice, and use facial astrigent on their entire bodies to get nearly all of it off!My two boys, Mr. Green Chicken Pox, and Rudolf.

I'm ready to scale back on birthdays though... especially having Ava Sophia's and Tres's so close together!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Hank & Tres look like twins in the scooter pics! They have the same smile!

I hate that I missed the party. We'll blame D. :)

I love how mature Tres was about Tyler blowing out the candle. Such a good boy.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

I was going to say the same thing about those scooter pics! They look so much alike in those pictures!!

Happy birthday happens to be Maryella's favorite songs recently and I just want you to know that we have replayed that video and sung happy birthday to Tres about 20 times this morning. :o)

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home