Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Bittersweet Weekend

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bittersweet Weekend

It felt a little surreal piling into Mom & Dad's SUV to head to Florida this past Friday. My Dad came and got me and Soph first, then we headed over and picked up Matt, Kayla and Brody.The babies did pretty darn well on the trip, I must say! Soph was a little thrilled to have me beside her, talking and playing with her instead of in front of her. We talked and laughed easily on the way. The whole trip seemed to be marked with fond and funny memories surrounding my grandmother. Christmases, birthdays, summers, weekends, get togethers... stratigically placed wigs, a back yard full of kittens, the Legend of Zelda, Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum, and a hand full of rings...

It was a ruinion of sorts for our family. It's been a long time since we've all been together.Aunt Debbie and her son StephenUncle Bobby aka Butch, his wife Anita and their daughter Ambre

It was a beautiful service. Aunt Debbie sang. Tonnie and I sang, with the help of our pastor and his wife who went with us too. We sang "Fields of Mercy" and "Made Me Glad." The little minister was sincere and sweet. And he recounted for everyone how Memaw Susan gave her heart to the Lord just before she passed away. It's never too late. Never. Thank you, God, for your mercy. We don't deserve it... but that's the nature of mercy, isn't it?


I was super proud of my Dad. He handled it all with a strong vulnerability. He kept saying he wanted to be strong, and we were all quick to remind him that we were there so he didn't have to be. I love my Daddy so much.
And he's a handsome cuss too, huh?? Here he is with my brother. I think we were all physically and emotionally drained from the weekend. My most fervent prayer is that someone was touched by Memaw Susan's decision to give her heart to the Lord, and as a result will do the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home