Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Grandmother Update

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Grandmother Update

My dad has been keeping the roads hot between here and Florida. I know it's super stressful for him. He knows he needs to be here for his business. But he wants to be present for his mom.

Last weekend, when my grandmother was eating she couldn't swallow and nearly choked to death. They were able to run a camera down her throat (sounds painful to me) and saw she has some sort of growth. Again, she is not a candidate for surgery. So she is now on an all liquid diet.

Her doctor's are talking about releasing her today, so they prescribed an oxygen tank for her at home.

My dad and his brother and sister's have been working to get her home clean, aired out (remember she was a smoker), and get her A/C fixed. The last one is why my Dad is headed back to Florida today even though he just got home on Monday night.

I know he's scared that something will happen when he isn't there.

She refuses to be placed in a nursing home and her kid's want to abide by her wishes. So please pray for all of them. Their names are Debbie, Steve (my Dad), Bobby, and Gayla. One of my cousins (Racheal) also lives nearby and will be helping.

I love them all but am obviously more concerned about my Daddy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Praying.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Does the rest of your uncles and aunts live in Florida???

I know its gotta be stressful on everyone... I'll be praying!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home