Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Strange

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Strange

I was talking to a friend on the phone today and she was telling me about how she watched the 'Tyra Banks Show' and she did a show about a mother who breastfed her children (notice I didn't say baby) until they were 7 or 8. She said that she believed in doing it until they got their permanent teeth and until they said to her, "I'm done breastfeeding." Does that seem normal to anyone? I'm a breastfeeding mother and that seems anything but normal to me!

There are definitely a few people out their that take things a bit too far. I'm all for organic and healthy ways to rear my children. I use disposable diapers, but I'm not opposed to clothe diapers... and people who choose the family bed over cribs are more than entitled to do that! I just don't understand the extreme measures that some people go to!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I heard on the news a few years back about a boy who was breastfed until he was 14! They only did the news story b/c mom was killed in a car accident and the boy went insane shortly after....wonder why!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home