Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Memaw Susan

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memaw Susan

I don't remember when we started calling her 'Memaw,' but Mom told us that at first she hated it! I think we did it because we heard someone else call their grandmother Memaw. He name wasn't even Susan, but somehow she has remained, and will also remain, Memaw Susan to me.

My Grandmother, passed away Monday morning around 7:45 am. I'm sad. My Dad is devastated. I regret not seeing her more... not going with my parents around Christmas to see her. But at the end, my Dad was able to tell her for all of us that we loved her.

And her life was a good one. She had four children, 9 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren. I am thankful for who she was... because that helped shape the father I have today, and I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be greatful for that.
The best part to me is, because of a simple prayer, and the fervant belief that she knew and accepted the Truth, I will see her again.

I love you Memaw Susan. You made the best breakfast, and you could make it so fast! I remember coming to Florida for visits and getting to camp out in your camper with the cousins in the backyard, and swimming, and watching Star Search, and loving the fact that I could drink coke at your house! I remember playing Atari with you, and how you put about a million icicles (each individually placed) on your tree at Christmas time. I remember sitting out on the front porch and swinging with the cousins in the rain. I remember kittens and puppies, and go-karts, and fun. I'll miss you and I can't wait to see you again.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sew Bettie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Oh Jamie, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. My heart aches for you. My grandmother is one of the reasons that my heart beats everyday! I love her so much. Just the thought of saying goodbye breaks my heart. I am praying for you and your family. i am glad you have some great memories of her. Some people never know the joy of having a grandmother like yours and mine!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and your family during this time! Love ya girl!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very nice, sister! I was trying to catch up on your blog...you're just amazing...period! I love you, T

7:30 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

What a sweet post. I'm praying for your trip. Love you girly.

10:23 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Oh yeah! I'm going to miss you in the morning at CVS. :(

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home