Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I Got You On My Mind

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, April 07, 2008

I Got You On My Mind

I'm sitting here tonight at the computer and all I can think about is my wonderful husband. He's upstairs as I type, watching cartoons with the boys... or sleeping, not really sure which. I keep thinking about the chain of events that brought us together and how God orchestrated our lives. I never would have thought, in a million years that I would marry a man like my Hankie. When I was younger... like a lot of teenagers and women in their early twenties... I had plenty of ideas of what I thought I needed in a significant other. I'm just so thankful that I wasn't so stubborn that I missed what God had for me!

We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. All day Friday and Saturday we kept saying, "Six years ago today, we were at our rehearsal, at our rehearsal dinner, getting ready, picking up flowers, etc, etc, etc."

Hank and I had talked a lot about taking a trip together for our anniversary, but this time of year is super busy for us and we couldn't make it work. We still wanted to do something special, but we just never really made a plan. So I began making secret plans of my own!!

Friday morning, I went to see my friend Ashley, who is in school at Mitchell's Cosmetology School, and she cut my hair for me. First haircut since before little miss sunshine entered our lives... that's over eight months if anyone cares! She gave me a bob with a slight angle with long layers all around and razored some bangs. Then the kids and I headed over to Ross, where my boys picked out a special shirt for me. They did so good! We came home, I dyed my hair (nothing drastic!), jumped in the shower and got ready while the kids all rested. Then ran them over to my Mom's house.

I was at Hank's work waiting when he got off. He might of had an idea I was planning something, but never let on really. He came and got in the van when he saw me and I had a CD playing that he had made me when we were dating. We have always called it our "I Love You CD." When he realized it, he smiled at me and told me I was smooth... which, come on... you know I am! He kept telling me all night that I looked pretty, and every women knows that feels good!

Then I gave him directions to a restaurant. I didn't tell him what restaurant. We had never been, but had heard about it. We went to Ruth's Chris. It was so good, but so expensive!! Thank you PayU2blog! We figured once every six years or so would be enough for us penny pinchers! I got a petite filet and Hank got stuffed chicken breast and we each halved ours and shared. The atmosphere was very relaxed and nice. There were all sorts of prom-goers there and we had fun watching the girls try to stay contained in their dresses! And some of the guys looked like they hopped out of an Easter basket with their white suits accented with turquoise, peach, pink, purple, etc. It was pretty good people watching time. The waiter was kind enough to indulge us and take our picture for our anniversary. We were very full after dinner, but the waiter boxed up a complimentary piece of Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake for us. It was storming when we were leaving, so my valet picked me up: Don't worry... I tipped him. Wink!

After that, we went and picked up our kids, got every one home and tucked in and called it a night. It might not sound like much, but it was enough. Just some quiet time to focus and invest in our marriage.

I love you, baby. More than I ever thought I could love. Marrying you made me a wife, having our children made me a mother... but loving you had made me complete. Thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for believing in me unconditionally. I believe that there is no one else in this entire crazy world that is more perfect for me than you... and I thank God for the miracle of our marriage every day.

6 year
5 cars
4 trips to the ER
3 kids
2 houses
and 1 unbelievably blessed life!

I LOVE YOU!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger RhiDesign said...

I love it!! You two are the cutest couple!! Happy 6 years!

5:52 AM  
Blogger hb4bama said...

I Love You too!!!! I am glad my eyes weren't closed when you entered my life. I had to leave my comfort zone and let go to love and find the life I always wanted, I just didn't know what I wanted until I got it. You have blessed me with everything any man could want.

8:52 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

OK...Awe, to your post. And double AWE! to Hanks comment. So sweet.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

You guys are AWESOME!!

You look so beautiful Jamie!
Love the hair cut, new top and lacy bra strap. ;)

'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY' and I pray that God will open His store-house of abundant blessings on your marriage and family, in Jesus name! AMEN

10:37 AM  
Blogger RhiDesign said...

So Jamie it's so funny because I just read your comment on my site about the Easter buckets and I was just thinking this morning that I am going to make some new ones this year. The problem with those is that they are just a little too small.
I will let you know when and I will give you details!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Jamie, you are such a writer. The way you express your thoughts is so eloquent and yet real. Congrats on 6 years. Our six years will be in July...not too far! By the way, I have looked and looked for the lego cake pic...where is it?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home