Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Heroes, Turtles, and Ninjas... Oh My!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Heroes, Turtles, and Ninjas... Oh My!

As I posted last week, Bryant turned four... for some reason that makes me want to cry just typing it. He seems so 'big boy' to me lately. Anyway, since I had volleyball obligations and my Dad's birthday the weekend before his birthday, we planned his party for the weekend after.

Bryant was given a choice of either going to Disney for a long weekend (since we are current annuel passholders) or having a party. After much diliberation, he decided to have a party. He wanted to have a Super Hero party complete with costumes. And he and Tres came to the conclusion that the perfect place for a Super Hero party was as Hero's Park. That worked for me since it is minutes from my house and this particular park does not require you to reserve a time or pavilion or anything!

Here was his invitation this year:We emailed this to a family and a couple of good friends. This is how Bryant went to church when they had a dress up day. He wanted to be Lego-Man, so I made the box costume part, and he came up with the rest. Bryant dressed up as Superman... and was so cute running around with his cape flapping in the wind!

Although he wanted a hero party, Bry did not want a hero cake... he wanted an all chocolate Lego cake... so this is what I came up with: Professional it is not, but I'm proud just the same. I tackle making them a cake every year, even if it ends in disaster (does anyone remember the Hershey Bar burnt brick?).

His cousins and friends came and they had a blast playing on the playground, then playing some party games. We had a cupcake eating contest for kids then one for adults... I didn't get any digital pics, but I think Hank got some video, so I'll try to post that soon. Then we let the kids use the pinata as a target and try to hit it with a frisbee, then a football. And we hid a couple of eggs and let the kids hunt them for special door prizes.
After all the games, we went ahead and let the kids attack the pinata! And let me tell you... they ATTACKED that sucker! It never had a fighting chance. I think Sierra never even got a whack at it cause all the boys swung so hard! Then it was time for cake and presents. I thought since we had done a cupcake eating contest that they wouldn't want cake, but I was wrong... they all wanted a piece that had a Lego part on it!Here's a baseball cap clad ninja, football man, and Superman choosing their pieces.Bryant got some great stuff too! He got a kite, a bubble gun, a Star Wars Galactic Hero Millenium Falcon, and a bunch of other things... including a Starbucks card (Decaf Mocha Frappacinos, remember?)!

It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun! Here are some random shots from the party.



Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

AWE! I LOVE the lego cake. Great job Jamie!!! Who is that Gorgeous baby in the swing?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Ok the lego cake came out great! I couldn't have done it better myself...it looked just like a lego...and chocolate too! YUM! I liked the shirt you were wearing

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Vickie, the first pic is my cutie-patutie nephew Tyler... and yes the picture is adorable, but you do not get the full effect without seeing him in person and hearing him talk! He is super cute! The last pic in the swing in Sophie, but I think you meant Tyler. Jamie

8:37 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Oh Jamie, they grow up so fast don't they? I can't believe he's 4!!! He looks like he had a great party and I love the lego cake! It's perfect!
That picture of you and Miss Sophie is beautiful!

7:33 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

You did such a good job on the cake. I want a piece right now!
That's a great picture of you & Sophie.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Everytime I look at this post I want to lick my computer screen.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I love the cake. You did an awesome job. Looks like everyone had a good time.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home