Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Alabama Juniors 13-2

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Alabama Juniors 13-2

I have been coaching volleyball again this year. And I have to say, I am having more fun than ever before. It probably has to do with a combination of two things: I love this age group (12-13 year olds), plus we have a terrific group of girls! And the fact that I'm doing this with one of my best friends, Jennifer Snyder. Our team participated in their third tournament this weekend, and came in SECOND for the second tournament in a row! This time, we were in the championship match with our other Alabama Juniors 13-1 team. It was a great game... and I think we are gonna end up beating them by the end of the season... mark my words! Here are a few highlights from the day:
Hailey strikes a pose between games. This is her sweet face... you should see her when she's making a block or a kill!Waiting for the court so we can get our game on! Notice Jen in the back with her little cheesy peek-a-boo! Here are Anna, Kayla, Caitlin, and McKenna getting their groove on between games. These girls dance ALL THE TIME! During practice, during warm-up, during a game! I think Anna is busting out with a little old school robot here!McKenna in a captain's meeting before the game with the ref and the other teams captain. This determines who serves or receives and which side of the court you play on.
Here's Anna waiting for a pass. I like to call this one, "Dear God..." Caroline is behind her in perfect passing form!
Here's Jennifer... Coach Snyder... running a drill before a game.This is Caitlin about to serve. Her serves were ON yesterday! Go Caitlin!I know this one's a little blurry, but this is Maria going for a ball! She is one of our setters and quite the little scrapper!And last but certainly not least, this is McKenzie chowing down on chips and dip at lunch. Not the best food choice for a day of volleyball! But everytime we turned around, this girl was devouring these! It must go straight to her feet or something, cause she's a skinny little thing!


I took tons more, but these were the best! I love all ten of our girls, and can't wait to see where this season will take us!

1 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

I love volleyball. I love watching, and playing it too. I don't know enough to coach- but I do enjoy it. Looks like a great group of girls. Girls love to dance- all ages!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home