Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Oh My Freakin' Gosh!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh My Freakin' Gosh!

Before I headed to volleyball last night, I had to run my boys over to my Mom's. As I was unloading my kids, Tonnie & Brett were loading up. Tonnie asked me if I had gotten a letter from the GMA (Gospel Music Association). {Our group 'el has entered a competition,}I told her, actually that I had gotten one but hadn't opened it. She said, "Well, we didn't make the finals. But that kind of takes the pressure off. Now we can just go, learn , have fun, get critiques..." I totally agreed with her. So after I got home last night. I was opening the mail, and since I thought I knew what the GMA letter said, I opened it last. You can imagine my shock when it read, "Dear Jamie, Congratulations! Your song has been chosen as one of the ten finalists for the 2006 Song of the Year!" I think I screamed or yelled or something cause Hank came in the room asking what was wrong! I read it to him (Really Loud!), and he hugged me. I don't think we've quit smiling since! How awesome! So what does that mean, you may ask. It means that in two weeks, I will be performing--scratch that-- ministering "Wrap Me In Mercy" to an audience that will include professionals in the music business, reps for Christian artists, agents, and the such. The only hitch is I have to sing it by myself!! I'm gonna call and ask if we can have BGV's on the track. I would hate to kill the song. Cause if the song does well... guess what!?!?! EL DOES WELL!

12 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Okay, first of all, I have to say thank you for making me laugh. When I read the title of this post, I actually heard my self laugh out loud...and that doesn't happen very often...especially when i'm alone. But as I was reading your post, I understood the title. Congratulations! I know you will do great!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

funny you prayed that... i felt bad b/c normally when we break up into groups we ask if there's anything to pray about but Darcy was getting restless and I was just looking forward to sitting down with her... so i prayed about the things you'd mentioned on your blog... new church home, the writing opportunity and other stuff.

the real nicole

7:04 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

OH PRAISE THE LORD!!!
How incredibly awesome! I got chills when I read that. I'm so happy & proud of you! :)

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR MOM HASN'T CALLED TO TELL ME!!!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger hb4bama said...

I have to say it was not you yelling, cause you didn't, it was the look on your facce. I thought it was a bill and the amount was sooooo shocking that you couldn't say anything. When you told me what it was I was not shocked at all, I KNOW HOW GREAT THAT SONG IS!!!!!! I am as proud of you and 'el as anyone could be. I believe in you and everything you do, you are an amazing woman and that is why I married you. I thought I would never get married again, but I thank God daily for you. YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Hank

3:08 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

WOW!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! I AM SO STINKIN' PROUD OF YOU! I know that you are excited and nervous; I am too!! I have the SHIVERS just thinking about it. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Danielle B. said...

Jamie you have always been a great song writer and singer. I am not surprised that you got this awesome opportunity. Good luck singing! I will be thinking of you.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Jamie. ditto on all of the above and I so meant eveything I said on the phone. so I wont reiterate. But Kudos to Hank - what a sweet comment! I hope we can hange out with you all soon. I am so excited for you and I am praying for you and your group everyday. It is so exciting to see all of the things the Lord is doing in your life! I am just so happy for you!!!!!

1:20 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

What an awesome opportunity!!!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger dana said...

ok, you braved it on someone else's site so here goes. i often read up on you and yours and read different things you post on others sites. I have kids around the same age too, and just wanted to introduce myself so I am not a lurker. Also, I lived in bama for a couple yrs. and did BMMC for one year. I don't know if you were at kingwood when I was, if you were I don't remember you, but anyway I am Dana. Nice to meet you.

10:37 AM  
Blogger dana said...

Thank you for replying. Yeah that is my hubby in the pic with the kids. I love that pic too. How old are your kids? BTW your boys are so cute. Thanks for sharing some of your life story too. I skipped alot, that was the main points. I want to go listen to that song, is there a link? thanks again

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home