Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Gettin' A Life!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Gettin' A Life!

Hank said the weirdest thing to me on the phone today. He said he was glad I was getting a life. Not that he didn't think I had a life before... just that he was glad I was doing things outside of work and mommy. But, just the same... funny, huh? I always thought that my life was too full... and now that I have more time and home with my boys, I'm finding I actually have time on my hands every now and then. Not that I couldn't find things to fill that time, but there is only so much scrubbing, organizing and cooking you can do in one day!

I really thought I would be tired of doing laundry and loading the dishwasher and figuring out what to cook every night. But I don't. I'm sure I'll have my days, but for the most part, I just feel like I am fulfilling one of my main purposes here on earth: serving my family.

Well, Bryant has been sick lately. Hank and I have spent the last few nights up and down with him. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and we found out he has a virus. Not the throw up kind, though. He has been running a fever and his throat is red and swollen and has puss pockets on it! Yuck! So when he tries to sleep at night, it gets dried out and his tonsels swell together. He is still contagious, so we are hanging out at home.

Tres has his last day at Mother's Day Out tomorrow. We just finished making cupcakes for him to take. I think he's gonna miss it, but he says he thinks he just wants to stay home with me. I wish it was warmer! Then I could take these munchkins outside to play. But not until it's warmer or until Bryant is 100% better!

I have some friends coming over next week! Yeah! Liz Wood is coming over and we are going to work on our portfolios for freelance writing. She and I are going to try and do this together. Which is great, cause I think I could use the accountability to get me motivated to get out there. And then later next week, Tonnie and Luke are gonna come over and spend the day with us. While the boys play, Tonnie and I are gonna try and finish a couple of songs we've been working on. Oh, Yeah! And my mom is gonna come over and watch a movie while the boys nap one day.

But I have noticed something. People that used to say to me, "I can't wait till you're at home so we can do {fill in the blank} together," are nowhere to been seen. Not really a bad thing, just an observation really.

I will post some pics tonight. I know I've gotten bad about not posting pics! Sorry!

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I really wanted to do more stuff with you this semester but it seems that this semester has left me little time to do normal stuff. My biggest focus is spending time with Felicity and Alex since most of my time is with school. I do still get together with our mom's group on Monday afternoons at 3:00. I know that is not your favorite but we would love for you to come some time?! I'm just leaving the invitation open, no pressure (:

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home