Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Father's Day 2011

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Father's Day 2011

This year, Hank's birthday and Father's Day present was to get the PS3 shipped off and fixed, but I wanted to make it a Father's Day to remember. My sister Tonnie said that her volleyball team had made them a bag with cards, pictures, verses, and little things that reminded them of her and that she had so thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that sounded like the perfect way to help my kid's celebrate their Daddy.

I found an unpainted hat box at the local thrift store for 10 cents and already had some craft glue and index cards. I let the boys do most of the box, but Sophie did some of it. They put words all over it that reminded them of their Daddy.

And when he opened it up, here is what he saw. We found pictures of him that we loved and helped us remember fun times together.

I enjoyed making some drawings of my own to accessorize some of the index card memories.


This one, I love. I'm not even sure if he is aware of this one. When we first started dating, we were both working at ABC 33/40. A lady there kept Dove chocolates on her desk. Hank would eat one and if the saying on the inside of the wrapper was appropriate, would come and tape it to my computer screen and sign in 'H.' I found an old old old folder from my 33/40 days and in it were some of those wrappers. This is one. I gently removed the 'H' and added my 'J.'


And of course, I made him his favorite cookies!

I had to serve at church on Father's Day, so I got up early, made his cookies and set everything out on the kitchen table where he was sure to see it.
Between services, I saw he had updated his facebook and this was his status:

"My wife and kids always make Father's Day great, but this year I woke up by myself and sat and laughed and cried with the thought that went into my present, I LOVE MY LIFE because of my family. i couldn't ask for more, I AM HELPLESSLY BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel the same way, baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

very sweet :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home