Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Proverbs 18:10

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Proverbs 18:10

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

So how do you react when things in your life don't seem to be going all that smooth? I tend to want to stay in bed... pull the covers over my head... and avoid talking about it.

But that's not what God wants us to do, I think. When I read this passage of scripture, it seemed to come alive in my head. I could picture myself running to Jesus and finding safety...

I could picture myself running to the refuge of my church and devouring the teaching and finding health and happiness.

I'm a happy person, generally. But I get dragged down by life just, as I'm sure, everyone else does. The constant grind of life... cleaning, cooking, errands, diapers, money for this and money for that, unexpected expenses, etc. etc. etc.

I'm leaning on the Lord heavily right now. As it should be, after all... he is a strong, fortified, reinforced, unflappable, rock solid, and heavy duty tower of protection for me. My own personal God Force Field!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

I tend to get quiet. I am normally a loud person, so if I am quiet, then I am trying really hard to hear from the Lord, and not overspeak. I am in a place in my life where I trust God, I just want to see results faster! That comes from being in a instant/fast-food culture. Now NOW Now God. I know its all in his hands, so I will trust.

I also invovle myself in biblestudies at a local church and try to find postivie fellowship (like my Mk sister!)

We are are in this together. Just think in Heaven there will be NO more diapers!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Are we in the same place right now? If you haven't already, read my post from Friday. Hmmmmm? (I thought I saw you!) HA!

5:10 AM  
Blogger native-nc said...

Girl, we're all right there with you. Sometimes we go from Life is perfect to---oh, no here we go again...when some big to us small to God circumstance pops up.

Anyways, the end of last year & the beginning of this year has left me right at the feet of Jesus. Trusting in His future for me because I can't see past my situation.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home