Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Company Bake Off

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Company Bake Off

Every year, Hank's company has a Christmas party that includes a bake-off with cash prizes. We try so hard every year to place! A couple of years ago, we came in fourth with a chocolate peanut butter pie. This year carrot cake, red velvet cake, and peanut butter pie were not allowed. That made it more interesting to me!

So I made A Chocolate Buttermilk Cake, which was a recipe that my grandmother had... I'm not sure just how far back this recipe goes, but it is rich and good! But this one wasn't the winner.

Denis Phillips made an Ooey Gooey Cake. This one is a cakie cream cheesy with pecan kind of dessert. She made the decision to make this one on the day of the contest, so she got up early and started baking. Even though she cut it close, she ended up entering this one cause it was still warm and, well, ooey gooey.This one came in second place with a $400 prize!! Go Denise!!

I plan to post these recipes on the recipe blog once I get this one fully updated!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

Wow $400 that is awesome! How much is first prize? I would totally be in that bake off. How many cakes were part of it?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

That looks like my pan. I want it back with the cake in it!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home