Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Embarrassed, Much?

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Embarrassed, Much?

So I have this picture in my file and didn't post it before because I thought I looked a bit too goofy... but I gotta be honest and say that I post pictures of Hankie that he may not like, so I'm trying to be fair!

The night before my surgery, Hank and I had free passes to see 'Seven Pounds,' so we dropped the kids off for their overnight stay at Grandma's early and headed to see the movie. It was pretty good. I mean, I didn't cry or anything... but it made you think. It was odd in moments... jellyfish... that's all I'm gonna say.

The next morning, I was up and getting ready by 4. We were at the hospital by 5:30. They took me back almost immediately and I got in my nice fancy hospital gown and waited for the meds. I'm telling you, the whole thing went so quickly and smoothly that I didn't have much time to think about what was gonna be taking place. After they started my I.V., they let Hank come in and give me a quick kiss, and that is literally the last thing I remember... them wheeling me out of the room. They must have started the meds that quick. Cause next thing my foggy brain recalls is waking up in recovery and requesting some pain meds. Hank was there and anxiously pacing, as usual. Once I got the pain meds, I knew I wasn't gonna be up long cause I was struggling to keep my lids open (review above picture). I knew that we still needed a few items for the boys that we had not been able to find for Christmas, so before I fell asleep, I told him what to go look for, where to go, and he was off. He came back a few hours later, and I was just starting to rouse again... I sent him on another errand. He said at some point, I also requested a Snickers (random), but I don't remember that. I was just thankful and relieved that he was finding the things we needed.

Jennifer and Eric came over and visited for a few minutes, since they were at the hospital getting their 4D ultrasound for Corban. I vaguely remember, but thank you guys for coming!

I do sort of remember my doctor coming in and telling me that everything went fine. They said that after surgery, they noticed blood in my cath bag, and to be safe scoped my bladder to make sure their was no internal bleeding. Thankfully, everything was clear.

I slept for about 2 days straight. I was pretty much detemined to be back in action by Christmas though, so I took minimal pain meds and made myself walk around when I would rather not have.

I'm so glad it's over! I'm only slightly sore now and pretty much back to normal! Isn't modern medicine fascinating.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

well aren't you a good sport

11:11 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little more normal... if there is such a thing.

Thanks for the comment about the pictures. I love taking photos. I only wish I had a good camera! One day....

I can see myself taking pictures for a living one day down the road.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Again, I am so glad everything went well. I had no clue when it was in December, but I knew it was sometime so we kept you in our prayers and hoped for a good Christmas. You guys are a very blessed family! The black and white photo of Sophie on the train is my favorite because you can see her reflection.(:

11:57 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

Hey girl! I am so glad it is over for you. I've been praying for you. Let's get together soon. I miss you my friend. It has been way too long.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Glad to see you up and shopping again! You look BEAUTIMOUS!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I had no idea you had surgery. I'm glad everything went ok. i have now joined the Stay at home mom club and am ready to start my CVS savings LOL! How do you record and post your videos?

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home