Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: How Descriptive Can I Get?

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

How Descriptive Can I Get?

So we're riding to Tres's school. It's about a three minute trip. The kids are all piled in on this gray, dreary morning since Daddy had to be at work by 6:30 and won't be home until 11 tonight. I remember feeling so bad for him as he kissed me goodbye this morning. He smelled so nice, and I could hear the rain on the rooftop. Anyway, I digress.

Bryant was in the back with Sophie telling knock, knock jokes that made little to no sense.

Bryant: Knock, knock!
Us: Who's There?
Bryant: Banana Split
Us: Banana Split who?
Bryant: Banana Split went over the moon and in your shoes!
Mom: That's pretty creative Bryant.
Tres: That doesn't make sense Bry.
Bryant: {Who turns for moral support to his captive audience in the seat beside him} Was that funny Sophie {he says in his best your the baby and I'm the adult voice}? Was that funny?
Sophie: Cool! {Then she forces out the worst fake laugh in the world!}

We were all laughing as we turned into the school. The rain obviously has made a lot of people late, cause the line is long today. I can usually drive right up and drop him off. But we sit, and Tres is telling me all about Jerry the Elf in his class and how he is in a different place every day. He makes a prediction as to where he will be today. Then as I am pulling up to drop him off, I smell this hideous smell and look over to see streams of milk, cereal, and last night's shrimp, corn and broccoli being projected out of my 6-year-old's mouth. At first, I encouraged him to catch it on his raincoat... but that quickly became a loosing battle. It is now in a proud, stinking, steaming pile on the floorboard of my van.

So, I pull right on through the drop off and make that normally three minute trip back home a two minute ride. Commentary on the return trip was a bit different. I took a look in my rearview mirror and saw Bryant desperately holding his nose and trying to teach Sophie how to do it. Sophie just smiled at Bry, apparently not effected by the horrible stench. "I smell it Mom," Bryant informs me, "and it smells weally, weally bad!"

I pull into the garage, get Tres out and stripped down (thank GOD the washer was empty!). We threw his clothes straight into the washer on hot on a heavy duty cycle... then as I stood at the washer I knew what I must do. I turned slowly around and faced my old foe... up chuck in the car... we meet again.

I grabbed up some cleaners and battled my own gag reflex as I wiped, scrubbed and rinsed that van floor.

Now I'm left to wonder if this wonderful bug will spread to my other two children... and also left doing an internal check because like any self respecting Mom, I finished Tres's cereal when he was done this morning. Sigh.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Oh goodness! Praying for health to overcome!!!

I so love reading your blog, it is most definately one of my very favorites!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Hey there,
I need your help.
My future in-laws are HUGE Alabama fans, as are you and your family from what I have read! I am trying to think of something to get my future mother-in law for Christmas. Do you have any ideas that are affordable? I know we both live in the same county so if you could email me any ideas and places to shop for things that would be GREAT!!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Tabbie... don't waste any money on anything Alabama... Get her a Gator shirt! LOL just kidding :)

Man Jamie, that was pretty good! I esp liked the last part about eating his cereal... don't we all do that? Sometimes thats the only lunch I get! HA!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think you did a great job at being descriptive.... cause it made my tummy turn. But then again it doesn't take much for us preggo people...... I sorry, there is a 24hr virus and a flu virus going around here at school.....

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh dear Lord......I love that you are as into details as I am because I am a visual person but "not to self": don't read Jamie's blog when trying to eat lunch :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

and did Sophie say COOL?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Tabbie:) said...

let's do email
tabbie@summerclassics.com
THANKS!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Nichole,
I am totally with you on that. Great idea, but it might not make me very popular. Hee hee. I love the way you think though!!!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

I don't think he was or is virus sick. From the sound of it, it seems the shrimp swimming in a stomach full of milk with green seaweed broccoli would make me throw-up!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Oh gross. I think I can smell it all the way up here.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Ick! Throw up in the car is the WORST! It's especially bad when it gets all in the carseat straps. Yuck, yuck, yuck!
I hope he's feeling better and no one else had come down with it!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home