Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: A Tale of Two Tubes

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Tale of Two Tubes

So maybe third times the charm for my poor little B-Bry. He had a nasty round of ear infections and his doctor and an ENT determined that he needed tubes again. This time around, the ENT Dr. Boyd (who Bryant calls Dr. Floyd), said he wanted to take a look at his adenoids and possibly remove them as well. And they also drew some blood and sent it off to test for the top 12 common allergens. Here he is with his Dad in the waiting room. He was a little nervous and kept asking us over and over "Am I not gonna get a shot?" He got to wear his PJ's since we got him out of his bed to go at 5:45!When we got back to his room, he put on his special shirt (which now resides in his memory box!) and waited. We waited longer than we had to the previous two times, but that's probably because we weren't the first surgery that day.Dad took Bry on a few quick strolls around the hall to waste a little time. And before we knew it, he was off. I wanted to take a picture of him as he left us at the door to the operating room, but I didn't know if it was appropriate. But I will forever have that image of him walking nervously holding on the nurse's hand etched in my mind. He never looked back. Hank and I went back to wait in his room. If you know Hankie, then you know he isn't very good at waiting. He paced as much as the room would allow him. I brought work to take my mind off of it. We got a call in the room about 30 minutes after they took him telling us that Dr. Boyd decided after seeing his adenoids to take them out. And about 20 minutes later......we had our sleepy man back with us. He was in and out a lot at first. He wanted his IV out, but the nurse said he needed to get those fluids in him before they could do it. He was funny though. His expressions would change really quickly. He would be watching the TV, then he would smile really big, then he would look like he was dozing off. I got a little video of him.

They let him choose what flavor to smell when they put him under, and he chose Dr. Pepper. He will tell you though, that he went back there, smelled Dr. Pepper and that he didn't go to sleep at all! They just brought him back to us. He's so funny.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

What a sweet boy. I can't stand it when my kids are sick or in pain. Hopefully this will work for him!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

WOW! you two are some strong parents. I know, I know, its not like you had much choice...I mean he had to have it done, but I would have been the one pacing...and crying. I'm so proud of Bryant. What a big boy!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home