Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Way Past Curfew!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Way Past Curfew!

My friend Mandy introduced me to the Twilight books a few months ago. I'm an avid reader and dove right in! I was hooked. Not only is it a sweet love story, and a great plot line... but I am just addicted to these characters and to the whole interesting way the author portrays vampires and werewolves and whatnot. I know... I know... it sounds weird. But it's a good read. The books are juvenile novels and as such are clean. No profanity or dirty stuff! Just a good storyline and amazingly developed characters.

Well, Mandy and I decided that when it came to theatres we were going! I got some tickets online for the midnight showing on Thursday night/Friday morning! So all day Thursday, I was looking forward to my date with Mandy! Ha! I got the family fed, the kids bathed and in bed... then I got ready and headed out.

I met Mandy at Wal-Mart around 10:30 and we just wandered in there for a little bit, then we decided to head on over. I'm glad we did, cause they had already filled one theatre full, and were working on two more!! I would say that about 85% of the viewers were 13-17 year old girls. The guys were there with girls and then there were a few brave.. uh-um... older women like myself and Mandy.

The movie got underway and I was unprepared for the reaction of the mostly teenage audience and their uncontrollable hormones! When Edward (the main male character) had his first scene.... they screamed. When Edward and Bella (the main female character) were about to kiss, they giggled and screamed. When the audio went out towards the end of the movie for about 3 minutes, they almost revolted... I captured a little of it on my camera.

Do you hear the girl crying?? And you can't see it, but people were standing up and demanding refunds and yelling... seriously. Get a grip people... these are fictional characters, and if you were there at midnight to see it, you probably read the books and you know what's happening! I definitely enjoyed the movie. It wasn't exactly like the book, but I think they did a good job of keeping the characters in tact, and the story line was good. I know it will probably be another good year before the next one comes out at the theatres, but I'll probably be there at midnight again!

Go Team Jacob!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home