Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Date Night

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Date Night

Well, I took my camera with us, but still forgot to take pictures of me and Hankie on our date night!

My WONDERFUL friend Mandy, volunteered to babysit our kids for us last night so that Hank and I could go on a much needed date. Well, actually all of our kids ended up spending the night with her!! Can you believe it!! Even Sophie-girl!

I digress... so Hankie and I headed out after the Alabama game (ROLL TIDE!!), and went looking for something to eat. We saw smoke coming out of the chimney at the new Jim 'n Nicks and thought we would see if it was open for business yet. We got there and saw people going in, so we asked if they were open. The lady at the front tells us that they are training and it's friends and family night... so if we wanted to sit at the bar, we could eat there... FOR FREE!! We got an appetizer, we each got an entree, and then we got a piece of pie to go. We were so full when we left there!! And I tried a new sandwich that I'd never had before, but want to get again! I got the J&N Club Sandwich... it was so, so, so, so good! A hot sandwich with chunky smoked turkey and ham with bacon and 2 kinds of cheese! Hank liked mine more than his.

After our FREE meal, we drove over to Kohl's, since they stayed open late, and did some Christmas shopping and then went to Wal-Mart for more of the same. I found some clearance Halloween stuff that would work as stocking stuffers... a Hanah Montana bracelet for $.32 for Sophie girl... she loves jewelry.

Then we came home, I did some laundry, and Hank and I got a full nights rest with no little warm, wiggly bodies sneaking in our bed at night!

We got up and just got ourselves ready for church... oh the luxery of time! I got to shave my legs, curl my hair... even, wait for it... eat breakfast!

I don't think I could say Thank You to Chad and Mandy loud enough or often enough for them to know how much that meant to us!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Carry Grace said...

Wow! You have some great friends.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

thats great! matthew and i snuck off to walmart last night after the kids went to bed to do some christmas shopping ourselves

5:33 AM  
Blogger Tabbie:) said...

Sounds like a great night! Can't beat FREE dinner and shopping with your Sweetie!!

PS The Gingerbread and PB - SO GOOD!!!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I am glad you were able to go out with your Hankie. I know its important for Chris and I to do that every now and then! Especially now, since we live with my mom and sister!

Thank you for reading my post. I am glad I am not alone.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home