Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Unscathed? Not Quite...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Unscathed? Not Quite...

We almost made it through another action-packed weekend with no causalities! Hankie and his parent's cheered Bama on in Tuscaloosa against Ole Miss to squeak out a win. Hank said it wasn't pretty... but it was a win. I don't think I've watched more than 30 minutes of football since the season started, what with soccer, volleyball, church and everything else that goes on. So, I'll just take his word for it!

Yesterday morning I made it over to the last day of Kids Market. Most everything was 50 % off, so I got Tres jeans, pants, shirts, and sweaters. Then I headed over to see what I could get for Sophie... I have winter stuff but not small enough for my Itty Bitty (another nickname I use on her). I got her a couple of sleepers, some little baby jeans, and THE CUTEST little Christmas outfit! I averaged $2 on each item! Good times.

Then the kids and I headed over to Tyler's third birthday party.I could not get Tyler to pose for a picture, though, so I just settled for this group shot! He made out like a bandit! He even got a Smart Cycle... and my boys looked at me accusingly when he opened it, cause they've wanted one for a long time! So can we come and play, Tyler? Tyler is such a fun little boy and my kids love playing with him! They had a little playground area set up outside, and a bubble blower going, but the piece DE resistance was the giant monster truck inflatable bounce. Sophie got to experience it for the first time!By the time she did her inaugural bounce, she had already been given cheese puffs, so she was nice and messy! She loved it, she would try to bounce, then take a few steps and fall. Then she would get up and clap and say "yeah!"

The boys were in hog heaven! They ran around outside, got loud, and had fun! They even saved the world from the evil bubble blowing machine......while the royal princess looked on from her throne!

After the party, the kids and I headed over to my friend Mandy's (new blog alert!) house so that she and I could put together baskets full of CVS stuff for Pastor Appreciation Sunday. We beat Mandy to her house, so used the opportunity to take some pics of my kids!She's a poser, this one! "Cheese!" That little sweater I got at Kids Market for $1. My little brown-eyed boy. It was a gorgeous day, and I couldn't let the autumn setting go to waste!This was Tres earlier in the day at Tyler's birthday party (sporting a long sleeved Disney polo shirt I got at Kid's Market for $2 and a pair of jeans we got for $1.50). He was having fun and lively! But by the time we got to Mandy's and he had got in a short nap, I noticed he was starting to seem a bit off.He sat in the car while I took pics and Bryant ran around in the back yard. I did get them to all pose together, but this was the best I got.

This morning, I got up early to make pigs in a blanket for Pastor Appreciation. While I was getting them ready for the oven, I hear Tres calling me. He was in the bathroom and it was locked. I told him to unlock and he says, "Mom, I have to warn you. I had a really big accident!" He wasn't kidding. I spent the next 45 minutes cleaning him and the bathroom. And just when I thought I had it all done, he had another accident IN the tub. So I got the tub cleaned and them him again.

Anyway, I called the church and told them I wouldn't be there, but Hank rode his scooter over to deliver the pigs in blankets and a few other things. I hate to miss church today. But not only was Tres not up to it... but Sophie has been sleeping restlessly for the past 3 nights. Have I mentioned that she has a single ear infection (only the second of her life) and Bry has a double (the bizillionth of his life). And last night was no different, but she woke up so mad and nothing satisfied her, so we made the call to keep our kids at home.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Sounds like you've had a very eventful weekend!

thanks for updating! I wanna see a picture of Hankie with helmet on his scooter!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

does he have one of those mohawk helmets????

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love the pics! They are growing so fast!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Today is my last day of school volleyball, so we can get together soon.....

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home