Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Oh, Baby

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh, Baby

So, I have a confession to make. And for some reason, I have a feeling that I might get a few comments on this. When Tres and Bry were little, I was very strict about my kids sleeping in their own rooms. And after a few weeks of a little crying and whining at bed time, they went right on to sleep.

With Princess Sophia, this is not the case. She was doing well in her crib until she went through cutting four teeth at once. We had about a weeks worth of long, long, long nights and I finally just gave in and let her stay in our bed. That was about a month ago. And she hasn't made it back to her bed yet. It's not that we don't try. We've tried letting her cry it out... and she cries herself into a tizzy. We've tried letting her fall asleep in our bed and transferring her. On a good night we can get her into the bed, and within 30 minutes she wakes up mad as fire! But on any other night, she wakes up (no lie) as soon as we cross the threshold into her room. It's like she senses the atmosphere change or something.

We've gotten her music, night lights, comfy crib bedding, fuzzy blankets... anything we could think of, and nothing seems to make it more appealing or even as appealing as sleeping between mom and dad.

Hank says he doesn't mind, and most nights I don't either, but I would like a little down time at night without a little warm body pressed up against me or on top of me or sticking her hand down my shirt!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home