Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Little Miss Independent

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Little Miss Independent

A couple of nights ago, I headed up the stairs to get the boys bathed and left Sophie downstairs with Hankie. I must have forgotten to put the gate up, cause a few minutes later, as I headed down the hall to grab some towels, I hear the unmistakable slap of baby palms on hardwood. I glanced down the stairs and a happy babbling Sophie was sitting on the landing holding her arms up to me. My heart dropped, but I was also strangely proud that she had accomplished something on her own... you know, without cracking her head open!! So we spent a little time applauding her accomplishment then promptly put the gate at the bottom of the stairs permanently. So if you come to our house and have to hop the gate... Sorry about that! I just care more about Ava Sophia's safety than your convenience!
The boys are her biggest cheerleaders! They just love seeing her do new things and are constantly listening for new words. And she seems lost if her cheering section isn't in place! :) Also, yesterday, I was paying bills at the computer and I hear her howling. She had crawled to the gate and was trying to climb it! I mean her little toes were stuck in the grid of the gate, but she couldn't get any higher. We are going to be in serious trouble in a few more months!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Seems like she is already trying to grow up fast.
Dad was surprised about his party!
And yes, I am going to have to "get over" everything being clean. I am working on that one!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

Love, Love, Love it!!! And I totally know what you mean by the sounds of baby hands on hardwood floors. I was walking to the kitchen this weekend and saw Felicity on about the third step of our stair case. My blood ran cold! They learn quick! Where did you find the gate like that?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

That was the sweetest video!

11:21 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I love it! I agree she's growing up too fast!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Traci

We got the gate at Lowe's. It was around $30, but worth every penny!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That cracks me up the look on her face is almost yeah, I know....

10:50 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I love the part, "if she can crawl up the stairs then she can crawl down them..." and I'm thinking, "More like fall down them....THATS the SCARY PART!!! (:" We still have to watch my parent's stairs like a hawk. They have the same gate, however, other people have a hard time remembering to close it!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home