Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Tee Ball, Ice Cream, & Soccer

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tee Ball, Ice Cream, & Soccer

Last night, Hank and I had to split up to cover both tee-ball and soccer. Bryant had his last scheduled game last night, and Tres had evaluations for soccer last night. Bryant's game got cancelled due to weather, and there will be no make-up game for this one... but we have one other game to make-up on Monday and his season will be complete! So we headed over to Chik-fil-A and let them run off a bit of energy there. Sophie was lovin' some ice cream...She was actually getting quite the attitude wanting to hold it herself (Thanks for that Aunt Tonnie!).


Tres was so excited about soccer! We let the boys choose one sport to play every year. And since Tres decided not to play tee ball, he decided on soccer. I think he has his heart set on goalie, but at this age there is no goalie. He was excited that his friend Caleb was there too!

It is so strange watching your children play something. You already know how to play it, and I feel myself wanting to silently transmit all my knowledge of the game to them, to make them the best they can be! We have big talks now about doing the best you can no matter what... even if someone else is better than you. You just keep practicing and working at it until you are.

In other family news, I think the new routine is starting to work. For the past 2 mornings, the boys have gotten up on their own before my alarm has gone off. Now, it's time to move bedtime back a half hour and wake them up a half hour earlier. I can't believe that next week I will have a kindergartener. I'm trying not to get emotional, but that's a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be.

Tonight, the boys' cousin Luke is coming over for a Back To School sleepover extravaganza. I think I'm gonna pick Luke up in the afternoon so we can still do fun stuff and get in bed early enough to not mess up all the hard work with the nighttime routine!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

I can totally relate to you on the kindergarten emotional thing, that was me last year, and now my youngest is a kindergartener... aaaaaa it goes so fast. Is Tres going to be all day kindergarten or half day? Love all the pics!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

Caleb had so much fun with Tres. He kept saying all night,"I hope we're on the same team!". I am a basketcase with Caleb going to school. We'll have to plan some activities to keep our mind off them being gone all day.

7:38 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

That picture of Sophie....So cute! I can't take it!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

How did Tres like playing soccer?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home