Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: "Hello, my name is Sophie...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Hello, my name is Sophie...

...and I'm addicted to nursing!" At least that's what it feels like lately! She doesn't want to go to sleep without nursing, and when she gets upset, she starts pulling on my shirt. I'm trying to make it to one year with nursing, but man... I don't want to be a human pacifier.

I realize that I am a lot less structured this time around since I am at home, and this is, after all, my first nursing experience. So I am making an effort to get her over her 'addiction!' :) No more comfort nursing... unless as a very last resort!

So at nap time, I feed her food and don't nurse her. Then I tuck her in, and she cries. So I went in every five minutes, three times and tuck her in and leave... trying to let her 'cry it out.' Here's what I had to look at and listen to. The red dots are the level of noise... and they are all lit up. The hump on the left side of the monitor is her standing and holding onto the side of the crib!

This was the worst afternoon, and I finally quit trying that day. We had to go to Bry's tee ball game anyway. She was surprisingly very pleasant until the last inning of the game, then the drama queen emerged and she wanted what she wanted, when she wanted it!! The night was a lot better. She went right to bed and slept until 6 am, got in bed with us and went back to sleep with no nursing until around 9.

And the days following haven't been perfect, but I've begun to notice some positive changes!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I'm reliving the days with Felicity! This is so what I went through...I can feel your pain! Not nursing directly before nap was the hardest for both of mine. They never nursed to sleep, but the "routine" was what they were addicted to. Felicity just used me as a paci...Ariana was much better. Good luck...each child is different!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home