Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: One Big Bug Bite!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

One Big Bug Bite!

That's what Tres and I are these last few days! It all started at the Drive-In. Although I sprayed each of us down numerous times with bug spray, we still got a bunch of bug bites. We got up on Monday and had to put benedryl on them to take our minds off of wanting to scratch! We also went swimming in part to let the chlorine in the pool help draw out the poison in the bites. We went to Bry's tee ball practice Monday night and again... I sprayed us NUMEROUS times... I even sprayed the blanket we were all sitting on, and we still came home with double the number of bites.

So yesterday, I gave the boys both a benedryl, a bath in baking soda water, and coated their bites in benedryl. Then I started looking to see what else I could use to help stop the itching!! So I worked out this transaction at CVS:

(1) Dove Cream Oil Body Wash-$8.39
(1) Dove Deodarant-$2.99
(1) Brut Antipersperant-$3.39
(1) Pringles-$.88
(1) Johnson's Buddy Bar (Soap in mesh bag)-$.99
(1) CVS band-aids-$1.99
(1) Sting Eze-$3.49
(1) Code Red Mountain Dew (for the thirsty tee ball player who is an excellent buggy pusher!)-$1.29

Subtotal: $23.41
-$4 off $20 CVS
-$3 off $15 CVS
-$3 off $15 CVS (I couldn't believe he let me do this, but he did!! Always worth trying, I guess!)
-$4 manufacturers coupons

Used $8.99 in ECB
OOP $.78
Earned $9 in ECB

So I made a penny, and I got what we needed!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carry Grace said...

Thanks for the offer, but I live in Dothan. I was all excited yesterday, I went to CVS and got the card. (I didn't want to wait 2 wks for it to come in the mail by doing it online, I know, I'm a dork) I picked up the papers on the way out so I could start planning. I love stuff like this!

I started grocery shopping at Winn- Dixie b/c I keep getting a spend $50 get $10 off. It makes a difference.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Why was I thinking you lived in Helena?? I'm a ditz! You should see my coupon book. Now I never go into any store without it!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Maryella gets all the bug bites in our house. Then she scratches until they become sores. It's terrible!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I have been so freaked out about bites lately. I was just bitten by a spider recently...oh my gosh! Talk about achiness, fever, antibiotics for the next month and now a huge gaping hole. It has been aweful! Beware of spiders!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

thanks again for helping me out today!!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

HUSH!! You ole' bossy woman you!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home