Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Family Fun Weekend!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, June 02, 2008

Family Fun Weekend!

This was such a fun weekend to me! Sophie and I got up early and made a run to CVS to get the end of the week sales. Look who we saw when we got there! It's Crystal and her mom,Vickie!!

We came home with (I didn't take a picture):
(2) pkg Playskool diapers
(2) Dawn dish washing soaps
(2) 1 liter Scope
(3) Ragu
(1) personal care items
(2) 20 oz. Aquafina Water
(2) bags pretzels 2/.99

Subtotal: approx. $50
ECB's spent: $6.99
OOP: $3.80
ECB's earned: $10

I also got to scope out the June deals that started the next day. When I got home, I did some housework, and Hank went to run.
Then we got a call from my parents who had my sister's kids, Luke and Sierra. They wanted us to go see a movie with them, so we loaded up and met them around 2. The boys all went and saw Speedracer and the girls all went and saw Narnia. I HIGHLY recommend Narnia!! So good! I didn't think I would be so into these, but I am!
After that, we went to swim. Our boys swam with their cousins for OVER THREE HOURS!! (I know I have pictures of them swimming, but I can't seem to locate them right now. Maybe they are on our video camera.) Then we headed home, and got everyone in bed early.
Sunday morning, I woke up early... I suppose from the early night. Tres was up, so he and I went to the convenient store just down the road and picked up the Sunday paper. Hank and I got the boys up, fed, and dressed for church. I got lunch going in the crock pot, and then got myself and Sophie ready.

We had a great worship service at church! I mean, it was so good! Sophie wasn't doing too good in the nursery, and the boys both fell asleep during worship, so we left shortly after the worship service was over. We made a stop at Academy Sports and Hank ran and in and picked up some new running shoes. Then we headed over to CVS so I could pick up the June deals. Hank and the kids stayed in the car, which was good, cause it cut my shopping time down BIG time! I was in and out in about 15 minutes. And here is what I got:

(3) Listerine Smart Rinse
(3) Huggies Hair & Body Wash
(2) 500 ct. CVS q-tips
(2) 40 ct. CVS band-aids
(2) 2-pk. Oral B Crossaction Toothbrushes
(1) Gillette Phenom Razor
(2) 4-pk. CVS D batteries
(2) Dawn Dish washing Soap
(4) Caramel Kit Kats (on clearance for $.20 ea)
(2) bags of Smart Pop (request from waiting children in car!)
(2) Push Pops (on clearance for $.20 ea)

Now... are you ready for this?

Subtotal: approx. $80
ECB's spent: $17.99
OOP: $1.33
ECB's earned: $43.43

So after that, we headed home, ate our crock pot meal and chilled around the house for a little while. We had plans to go to the drive-in to see a double feature of "Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull" and "Iron Man", but it started raining, so we checked the weather and saw we could still go cause it was moving on through. So we packed up our snacks (purchased as transaction fillers at CVS!) and headed out. Our kids love camping out in the back of the van at the Drive-in! They all came in pj's cause we knew it would be a late night, and more than likely end in just Mom & Dad watching the movie. Sophie was just about ready for bed when we first got there! She was delirious and wiggley for about 30 minutes, then passed out.

It was such a fulfilling weekend. Easy going and relaxing... perfect for making memories!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Did you guys open that store up???

and the last pic of you and baby girl is frame worthy!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I ditto what Mel said about the last picture. Good stuff!

I told D about the double feature, now he wants to go!

I'm stealing the CVS picture for my blog. :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

CVS addicts..... the kids are getting so big! I will have to pop by some time soon!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

OK, I've got to learn how to shop like that at CVS. I'm so impressed!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home