Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Reluctant CVS Gamer

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Reluctant CVS Gamer

I've been trying to figure out this whole CVS game lately with a couple of quick trips in to the store. But it's hard to do with three kids. I'm need a sitter so I can go and really think about what I'm getting. Plus I need to organize my coupons, I guess. It's a bit more work than I really have time for, but in the long run, it will save us money, so I'm willing to try. Maybe not the extent of others... like Mel who looks like she is stocking up for WW III!! Ha!! I only wish I had the time, space and money to do that... jealousy... Sigh! But I'm willing to go in and get what we need when it's on a good deal or something we use in order to get those covetted ECB's.

I'm not willing to go in a buy acne solutions products if I don't need them! Or buy the men's hair color just because it's free!

So this week, I got Hank a stick of deodarant ($3.99), myself some foundation ($9), and two bags of M&M's ($6.00)and earned $12.99 in ECB's! Plus I found a receipt in my buggy for $5 off a $15 purchase... so score one for me!

Then I went back in last night, got two EB lipglosses (for my nieces), and eyepencil sharpener, three CVS brand body washes, two Palmolive dishwash detergents, and a magazine. I paid $2.70, and they gave me back $5 in ECB.

It isn't that I don't love saving money... it's just that sometimes life seems really full. You know how people say, "My plate is full?" Well, sometimes, I feel like if I add one more thing to my to-do-list, my plate will crack!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

HAHAHAHA! For all he knew she could of been sucking on my elbow. That was funny!! I asked Lee when I posted it, "Can I put my boob on Xanga?" he just smiles & says I don't care.

I'll be back to comment on this post....I just came by to reply...

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

One thing is for sure if you are going to do the CVS thing you have to make time at home to plan because otherwise you spend too much time in the store. I love to LOOK around- that is how I was raised, my mom and I would go to the store and look up and down every aisle and if I have the time I will shop around but usually someone is home with the kids so I have to make it fast. I did 3 CVS stores Friday and it was a total of 2.5 hours and that was from me pulling out of my driveway to pulling back in. You have to have a LIST and ORGANIZED coupons. Now I only buy things like Haircolor if it will make me money to take it. Say this week I have a coupon for $2 off, if I bought 2 for 7.99

Total would be 15.98
minus your $3/$15
minus 2 $2 off coupons
I would pay $8.98
and get back $15.98 in ECB's

they just paid me enough for a pack of diapers...or if they were on sale, 2!

That's why you buy that stuff- if it helps you make money buy it and give it away for gag gifts or to a shelter.

(Don't try this deal cause I think the limit is 1.....I was just using it as an example!) Do they not have coupon printers in your stores? Where you can scan your card when you walk in?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ok, I thought of a real scenario....

Last week I bought Alavert....I don't use Alavert BUT it was reg. 10.99 on sale for $6.99. Here is what happened-

I bought 3 @ $6.99 &
I printed coupons of the net
Total before coupons
$20.97
$4/$20
3 $4 off of 1
I paid $4.97
They gave me $12

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home