Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: An IKEA Adventure!

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, April 25, 2008

An IKEA Adventure!

My sister, Tonnie, our friend Keri, Sophie and I got to take a short but very cool girl's trip last week! Any of you who know Tonnie, may know about her obsession with all things IKEA. I mean, her house could be there catalog for crying out loud! Everything from cabinets, to couches, to beds, to rugs... you name it, she has it. She's been just a couple of times (like TEN!) to the IKEA store located in Atlanta. And she's been dying to go again for a while, and wanted me and Keri to come. So we loaded up and headed out on Thursday night. Keri travels a bunch with her job, so she had enough rewards points so that we got to stay at a Courtyard Marriot FOR FREE! Sophie liked the beds! She tested them out while Tonnie and Keri......checked to see if they could see IKEA from our window since we were right down the road!

If you've never been to IKEA or heard about it... let me just tell you... the place is INCREDIBLE and HUGE! We spent the first 2-3 hours walking through the showroom and taking notes on what we wanted. Then we took a break, got a drink and a snack at their snackbar (all Swedish food), and decided what we wanted. I picked up a small toy box, a tv stand for our big screen tv, stools for the boy's computer, a magnetic bulletin board, some laundry sorter organizer, and curtains for my formal living room. Here are my new curtains! I saw them in the showroom, and they have such a WOW factor! This picture doesn't do them justice! And here is the computer area in the boys room. Keri got some window treatments, and Tonnie got some things to decorate her house with (she has a problem I tell ya!) It was such a retreat from ordinary for me. We went to IKEA on Friday and were back home by Friday night, so it wasn't a long trip, but it was much needed! I had so much fun ladies!! Aunt Tonnie with Sophie Girl! She was so good on the trip! She just laughed and cut up with us.Yes, they have LEGO headboards! But I didn't get them.Keri and Tonnie during our break!Me and my sis. We have very few pictures together!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lee said...

I've heard lots about IKEA, but would you believe that I've never been! It would seem I should go check it out!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

AWE!! How much fun!! The drapes are GORGEOUS!!!!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I LOVE THE DRAPES!!! I don't think I know about IKEA... i'll google it and see what I can find :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

AHHHHHH.......now I know why Nashville didn't work.

Love the curtains and I wish I could find an IKEA around here....love love love their stuff!

6:41 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

This picture in no way does those curtains justice!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home