Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Snow, Cupcakes, & Crafts

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow, Cupcakes, & Crafts

I was the 'party mom' for Tres's Valentines party at school yesterday. So I was in charge of cupcakes and an art and craft project for each of the children to take home to their parents. I was a little bit out of my element... as some of you may know... I am not very crafty!! So I panicked for a short time, then called up my fav SIL and she gave me an idea.
I got Tres up this morning to get him ready for school, and as I was fixing his breakfast I look outside and was totally shocked to see snow!! It was so pretty and unexpected!
So while I was making cupcakes, I let Tres go outside for a few minutes and run around in the falling snow. Then Hank took him off to work, and I continued getting all the stuff ready for the party!
Bryant got to go and have a special lunch with Grandma by himself, while Soph and I headed out to deliver cupcake joy to the 4K class.What I saw this morning as I pulled out of our garage! Can you see the snow? It looked so much more vivid that morning.Let's party like it's 2008!! Wooo Hoooo! I went with chocolate cake and vanilla icing with a Hershey Kiss to top it off! I thought about doing something fancier... but it would have been to try and impress the other moms more than the kids, so I stuck with what I knew would get eaten!
Icing mustaches... classically funny!Sophie gets her party on! Here are the crafts! "'Thumb-body' loves you!" The little heart is made out of thumb prints. I laminated them and added magnet tape to the back so that it could serve a purpose instead of just adding to the numerous other color pages we get every week! :) We did a variation on this at my house for Grammy and Grandma too!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

Love the photo of Sophie, she looks like she's got a lot on her mind! And i love the bow! Good job!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

Very cute craft project! I bet the mom's loved them!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home