Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: "Memories... in the corner of my mind...

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Friday, February 08, 2008

"Memories... in the corner of my mind...

misty, watercolor memories of the way we were!"

I'm sitting here at my dad's office today filling in for my Mom. I've been thinking back on what it was like when I worked for him. I used to bring Tres to work with me. From the time he was 6 weeks old on, he was a 'shop baby.'

I brought Sophie with me this morning and she was fine... except that she kept 'talking' when I was on the phone. It was very distracting! And she only napped for maybe 20 minuntes... so I took the little stinker home at lunch and put her to bed there where Crystal was watching Bryant for me.

Tres had his field trip to the Children's Theatre to see 'Jack and the Beanstalk' today. He requested that Hank go with him, so Hankie switched shifts with someone, and was able to go. I think it was a fun time for both of them.

When I went home at lunch time, Bryant was too busy playing with Crystal to even acknowledge dear old mom! :) That's a good thing. And a good reminder to me that I don't have to be everyone's all in all.

Well, folks... the time is fast approaching when I will no longer be in my twenties! One week from today, I turn 30. How is that possible, when I don't feel 30? I keep telling people that it's just a number, and that is honestly how I feel! But seriously... how is it possible?

I have my first volleyball tournament this weekend, and I think my little team is going to do so good! I have some really sweet girls on my team. And I have been able to take Tres and Bryant individually to be my assistant coach to different practices. But say a prayer for Hankie... this will be a long weekend for him with all three kids. Thankfully, my tournament is in Hoover and he can bring them up to see me or bring Soph to eat if he needs to. This is a trial run for the rest of the tournaments. Only two are out of town, so that much is good news! The other 4 are in Bham.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lee said...

Oh I dreaded my 30th birthday! But it really wasn't so bad. I'm like you though, I don't how it's possible that I'm 30 already! Seems like should be in my early 20s.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I know how you feel! I'll be 30 in DEcember, and I'm already dreading it. I mean--how does life go by so quickly?

4:06 AM  
Blogger Becca Mae said...

Look at my blog. You are tagged!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home