Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: Our Angel

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Angel


Sophie has been a part of our lives now for 6 months and 4 days! I can't believe it's been half a year already! Unbelievable. She is such a joy, and a wonderful way to complete our family.

She had a six month check-up today... as well as a round of shots. She weighs 13 1/2 pounds and she is 24 inches long. While she is on the small side for most babies her age, the ped said she is perfectly proportionate and that he is happy with her growth. She is a petite little thing... which we all know does NOT come from my side of the family! So thank you Boemers!

Her hair has really started filling in again. It is a dark brown color. I still put bands and bows on her, though and I will until she can handle it in her own hair. Her eyes are a gorgeous gray-green. They may eventually turn brown, but for now we like that all of our children have different color eyes!

Her birthmarks are still there and prominent. I thought they might fade, but they haven't.

She sleeps like a champ! She will go at least 10 hours at night and sometimes up to 12. She naps twice a day for anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3.

She still nurses 3 or 4 times a day. She also eats one container of baby food sometime during the day, and eats cereal mixed with fruit at night before bed. Once we started cereal consistantly, her reflux pretty much vanished.

She is SUPER sweet! She laughs and smiles easily. She loves to be around her brothers and commotion. She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Bryant (and Tres too sometimes). Bryant will sit and play with her for an hour or so at a time, and I love how sweet he is with her. Tres will sing and dance for her too... her own personal entertainer. And bedtime just isn't bedtime without a kiss from Sophie.

People call her a number of different things. The list is as follows:
A-boo (Tres & Bryant)
Sophie (this is the one I lean on most)
Ava
Sophie Girl (Bryant... although he pronounces it more like 'Soapie Gul')
Soapie (yes, it stuck)
Fi Fi (Mrs. B)
Angel Girl (me)
Pretty (Hank)

She and her Daddy had a slow start as far as bonding goes. With this being our third child, and with her being a breast fed baby, she has been all about Mom for a while. But since I've started volleyball, and she's with Dad and brothers two nights a week, they formed a bond over.... Ritz crackers! He said he tried it as a last resort cause she was screaming and now she knows the box and gets excited when she sees it! That night she seemed to register that Dad was cool, and since then it's been a lot easier for him. He's even managed to get her to sleep at night without me!

She can sit up unassisted for longer periods of time now. And she prefers to be sitting rather than laying down. Gone are the days of the swing and the bouncer seat. She rolls over both ways. I lay her on her back at night and she ends up on her tummy by morning. If you hold her hands while she is laying down, she pulls herself to a sitting position. And she seems to be trying to get her knees up under her these days when she gets frustrated with a toy or object out of her reach, and she can get herself turned around in a circle on the floor!

She still loves her car walker and now loves to kick back in her high chair.
We've tried the Johnny Jump-Up too and she seemed okay with it.

She wants what you have no matter what it is, and will doggedly reach for it until you are tired of it! And if you surround her with toys on the floor she will play for a while before she wants to get up. But her favorite 'toys' at the moment are her newly discovered feet!

She is beginning to teeth and drools a lot! Thank God for bibs!
She loves to give love too. I think she sees enough hugs and kisses around here.

Her most obvious accomplishment to date is the FULL development of her lungs. I call this video "Yakety-Yak! Don't Talk Back!"And if you've ever talked to me on my cell phone, I can bet you've heard her too! This is constant unless she is nursing or sleeping!

I know this post is long, but I so don't want to forget my last baby! I'm sure there's tons more, but I need to go and get her now!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I LOVE that last photo of her attached to your chin.

She's a HOOT!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

she's so sweet, jamie. I wish one day I can meet all of your children. I love reading about them!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Amy Lee said...

AHHH! She's so cute! That video reminds me SO MUCH of Maryella at that age! She has always been really vocal. When I played that video she came running and started laughing. Now she is having fun squealing also! (Thank you, Sophie!)
She seems like such a good baby! I can't believe I've never met her in person! I need to do that! We will be up that way once in the Spring and once this summer, so hopefully we can get together.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Matt and Traci said...

She is awesome!! What an amazing little girl you have!

11:01 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I honestly have a hard remembering it when she wasn't apart of your family. She definitely completes the package. The perfect bow on top!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Felicity was definently a momma's girl for a LONG time and I think nursing had something to do with it. Ariana has been better with Daddy than Felicity ever was but the nursing has slowed that relationship too. She'll get better trust me Alex can relate to Hank...A LOT! By the way I love the "kisses" Ariana does that too...only teeth hurt now (:

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home