Image and video hosting by TinyPic Joyful Noise!: I'm back... at least for today! :)

Joyful Noise!

The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter!

Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm back... at least for today! :)

The internet has been down once again here at my parent's house... plus, we've been busy adjusting to life with a baby again! Ava Sophia is doing great! She is nursing like a champ, and I am actually surviving thanks to a few helpful hints from the resident nursing guru, Mel. Thanks, Mel! We took her in to do a weight check this morning and she had only lost an ounce. It was also her feeding time, and our pediatrician said that if she had come in with a full belly, she wouldn't have lost a thing! That is with zero formula supplementation, so that makes this Momma happy! The only thing I'm having to deal with right now is an over-abundance of milk. I have to pump a couple times a day just to make it through. But we are freezing the excess for later use. Here are a few more pics for you guys:
This is one of my favorite ones so far! Father and daughter bonding. Hank is such an amazing father. He plays with and loves on his boys, but still finds time to love on his girl too! He says he wants to make sure that she and I have a close bond, but I think he's finding it hard to resist our little peanut. :)Ignore the tired mom in this picture and just focus on the beautiful babies! Hank and I make some PRETTY kids, people!My Dad's finger is the same size as Ava Sophia's arms and legs!! How funny is that! She is so tiny to me sometimes. A tiny little miracle!Here's our girl on her way home! Have I showed you guys her new carseat?? This is actually Bryant's carseat, recovered by Vickie! Isn't it the sweetest little thing? It's also reversible! She came home in her little dress, and I even got a bow to stay in her hair for a while.When she got home, she had two very excited brothers waiting to welcome her! We laid her in the co-sleeper, and they immediately started bringing her their toys. I started getting a little teary-eyed when Bryant brought her his silkie. I reminded him that she had one, and told him that he was a sweetheart and a good brother. I think he was a little relieved, but what a gesture, huh?I think she likes her crib. We've been laying her in there to nap some. And the little sweater has to be one of my favortie little things she has right now. We had to buy a few preemie clothes to get her by for now. All the newborn stuff swallows her whole!My niece Sierra is in total love with her littlest cousin! She wants to hold her constantly! :) I can't wait until ALL of her cousins get to hold her.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger native-nc said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWE! Congrats!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

YES you do make BEAUTIFUL babies!!!

I need a Tres, Bryant, Sophie fix!! I'll be there tomorrow.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

sooooo precious!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Glad to see an update. I love pictures... ahh- the joys of a newborn.

I love the carseat- so cool.

So I guess the 5 pounds you gained in pregnancy was actually ALL BABY afterall! That is amazing. I'm still holding baby weight- lol but no baby inside! Guess its just my weight.

3:12 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

That pic of Sophie & her Daddy melted my heart. And Bry with his toys lined up & silky...Awe.
I have to agree God knew what He was doing putting you & Hank together...The combination is perfection.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I have a secret......I'm always really sad when I get to the end of your posts. I always get giddy when I see you posted something new but then so bummed by the end of it because I want to see more. I wish you guys had a Big Brother Live Cam- I would subscribe :)

I hope my boys are as good as yours have been. I'm anxious/ NERVOUS to see how Mr. Kyan does once he realizes she isn't going to go away. The Star Wars at the end of her bed was sooo sweet because I don't see Aidan giving her any of his snakes. I'm glad nursing is going so well and can't believe she wasn't jaundice.....all breastfed babies are at least a little jaundice because it doesn't shoot out them as fast so you must have "Superman Milk". Let me know if you need anything- did you end up using shields and how was the pain- did you have any...if not you are my official hero!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home